Skip to main content
Topic: Josh, the flipper (Read 1657 times) previous topic - next topic
Josh, the flipper
I've been informed that Josh has been  making a concerted effort to take advantage of present owners of Lazy Daze motorhomes, by trying to buy at a lower price by pointing out that the factory is 'out of business' and that prices will go down.
   If you have contact with him, pay attention, He hasn't been very truthful, or in my estimate 'honest', in dealing wth buyers or sellers. RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Josh, the flipper
Reply #1
Actually I’d expect prices to remain strong based on the price histories for Born Free and Bigfoot Class C’s after they were discontinued.   Similarly some higher end Class A’s like Country Coach have maintained their value against other high end A’s of similar aged Foretravel’s and Newmar’s which are still in production.  And that’s my opinion on this matter.

Reply #2
Whoever this person is, he doesn’t have a fundamental concept of supply and demand economics……IMO
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #3
Actually I think he tries to convince owners into selling at lower prices, when actually the values are likely to rise even higher. As always the sellers need to do the homework.  The quality of the Lazy Daze was high enough that I've never needed any repairs or parts, except for 'enhancements' that I wanted to make.  Warranties on appliances were handled by those manufacturers, and Ford (or Chevy) were responsible for the chassis anyway..
   I'm not sure if he is online, or what state he is in.    RonB.

Reply #4
He has a (poorly done) YouTube channel called JoshnAround if you need to put a face to the name. He’s a flipper/scammer and anyone dealing with him should run far far away.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #5
In light of current events I’d say as LD owners the value of our beloved LD has gained in value 🚐✨🤩
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #6
LD Friends

Just returned from a good, but challenging RV trip - From Vegas to North Fork Idaho and return.

In Cedar City last evening in the RV Park, a young gentlemen walked over and told Dianne and I that his whole family owned a Lazy Daze in the past.

Said they owned '85 to late ,90's LD, (all at once) and when they camped usually gaggles of people would stop by and view the "foursome". 

He currently own's a beautiful class A.  Said he can only take it in level RV Parks, and he misses the fact that their old LD units could Boondock anywhere they played.  He stayed awhile and reminisced while viewing our 2010.

This has been the story around the country about our wonderful LD RV's.  Let's hope that the Lazy Daze story doesn't end.  It's up to us - and whoever survives the Mothership I presume.  We are hopeful.

Cheers!

Tony R. (aka codefour)

Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #7
He runs the Facebook group “Lazy Daze RV’s Premier Buyers and Sellers”, a spoof of a legitimate group there that helps folks find Lazy Daze.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #8
For those that don’t know what Josh looks like, I was able to find this picture of him!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #10
Here is his facebook link, let's all be careful and watchful of this guy. Do not fall into his trap:

Redirecting...
2004 Mid Bath,
2007 Jeep Liberty Towed

Reply #11
For those that don’t know what Josh looks like, I was able to find this picture of him!

Greg, you’re evil… I read your post this morning and then drove 3 1/2 hours with that stupid song in my head 🤪

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #12
Sorry, John.  Probably not the best “road tune” huh?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #13
Sorry, John.  Probably not the best “road tune” huh?

That’s ok… at least it wasn’t “It’s a Small World” 😉

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #14
I saw this on irv and was shocked like everyone else.

https://youtu.be/qttvxbXxrBI

I understand that the company could no longer continue given the current market conditions. But what explanation is there for taking their website down so abruptly with no acknowledgement of their loyal customer base and no information on how to obtain parts and service in the future?

We had a great ride after we bought our '99 RB in Oct 2012 in LA. (That was the only time I visited the mothership).

We sold the LD in 2017 and bought a Minnie Winnie (2017 31D)...it has worked out very well for us. No regrets.

Thanks for the memories.

Todd & Steve

Todd (and Steve)
'17 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and '13 Honda CRV
(Former '99 RB owners from 2012-2016)

Reply #16
And please note that every person who watches that video puts money in Josh's pocket, due to the way YouTube monetizes videos. You can post utter nonsense or outright lies to YouTube and make money, as long as enough people watch your video. YouTube doesn't care, because more views equal more advertising revenue.

I've seen multiple listings for things like "I found a box of brand new iPhone 13 Pros in a landfill"--obviously faked (yes, I watched one), "free energy" perpetual motion machines, and the like. The more outrageous the claims, the more views it's likely to attract.

In short, YouTube rewards liars. That's something to keep in mind when you see promos for things like "Navy Reveals New Stealth Submarine"... accompanied by photos of the fictional submarine "Seaview" from the Sixties disaster movie "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea." ;-) That one video got a million views, making a pile of dough for the scammer who posted it.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #17
“…every person who watches that video puts money in Josh's pocket, due to the way YouTube monetizes videos”

So, Mister Moderator(s), shall we delete the link to Flipper’s video?  I hate to think that we might inadvertently support such an unscrupulous person.

W
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #18
Well; We've had an extra opportunity to be notified that Josh makes money every time someone views this video. I certainly don't want to enrich him, but he is serving a useful, legal service here. I'll confer with Chris and the other moderators about this.  RonB

Reply #19
“…every person who watches that video puts money in Josh's pocket, due to the way YouTube monetizes videos”

So, Mister Moderator(s), shall we delete the link to Flipper’s video?  I hate to think that we might inadvertently support such an unscrupulous person.
W.
Why is “Josh” unscrupulous, because he “flips” RV’s?  Is he any different from other RV sales people out to make a buck?  So what if watching his video makes him some money, if you don’t like him, don’t watch it!
2006 24’ TK
570 watts solar, 300Ah lithium
SKP Lifetime member #105622
Land of Enchantment

Reply #20
Josh has cheated more than one of our alumni, and I have gotten calls on my IB listed for sale that has told me some really BAD stuff about dealing with him. Buyer beware for sure! He's a shady character ..he called *me* about mine for sale and tried a number of pretty sneaky things-unfortunately for him, I'm an old timer LD owner and his tricks wouldn't work on me. But for those newbies folks, his approach often works and they get shellacked either buying or selling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Reply #21
As far as I can tell from the accounts that have been posted here, Josh isn't doing anything illegal. At worst, he's behaving deceptively, (for example) by trying to scare people into selling their Lazy Dazes cheaply. That's sleazy, but as Jaxon said, it's no worse than what an RV or used car salesperson does.

So I'm not saying we should delete that link. But I do think that it's good to be aware that by watching his videos, you put money in his pocket. If he's not the kind of person you want to enrich, then as Jaxon said, don't watch.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #22
Andy, I have a first hand account of him cheating a prospective client...they put down $3500 [they are in Florida] and flew to Ca. to pick up the rig. When the gentleman arrived and SAW the rig he was supposedly buying, it was *not* as advertised. Josh refused to refund his deposit, and literally left the man stranded in LA! Drove off and left him! They are trying to get their $ back, but from out of state, it's proving hard. His words to me showed equal deception. I say don't let him post anything on here. There's another story from a long time member here of what happened to her. He's bad news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Reply #23
Money earned from YouTube views is actually really low, like fractions of a penny per view. If every member of this group watched his video, it would basically earn him enough to buy a gallon of gas.

I would posit it’s worth the “cost” of putting a teenie bit of $ in his pocket if you’re one of those actively looking to purchase a used LD by getting a good idea what he looks like and the sound of his voice so you’ll know if you’re dealing with him in the future; kind of like a video version of one of those FBI “Wanted” posters. Btw, I watched the video and it’s really a nothing burger; basically him crying crocodile tears over the closing of LD.

Reply #24
The moderato(s) agree with me that we'll leave all of this here. I recommend not doing business with him.
   Good as you might be at 'dealing' just like with car sales persons; you might do it once every year or so, but they (sales persons) might do it once or twice a day. Practice helps, and they will 'fleece' you and make you 'think' that you got a good deal! They trade methods and timing with other sales persons and it's all a 'science' that impacts their bottom line.  They expend effort to to see what they can get away with, and do, to improve their income.  RonB