Skip to main content
Topic: A Happy Rig (Read 114 times) previous topic - next topic
A Happy Rig
Sometimes despite the curve balls in our RV life, things come together.   After repairing our LD after our last 2 month trip, we’re doing so much better.   The new windshield gives us a nicer look driving without those rock hits glaring at us.   The leaking A/C repair on the passenger side is especially good news and a tremendous relief.  We’re dry!!  The new battery for the engine is reassuring to say the least.   Our TPMS system shows all our tires are now holding pressure no thanks to Discount Tire.  And the Ultragauge display reports all is well with the engine and transmission.

Camping at Ray Roberts State Park with few neighbors who are quiet in a LD that needs only gas and a dump is especially satisfying.  I’m relishing the moment 😍.

Re: A Happy Rig
Reply #1
Aw, life is good! Nice looking campsite you have there!

I guessed I missed the resolution to the AC leak.  How did you fix it, Ed?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: A Happy Rig
Reply #2
How did we fix that elusive A/C leak?   Honestly we’re not exactly sure. 😏 The mechanic who helped us removed everything that could be removed to include items under the hood and under the dash.  He ran various tests and scoped the drain.  Then reinstalled everything adding a bead of sealant on the condenser housing under the glovebox.

While initially I thought we still had a leak, it might have been residual moisture from the long drive to the repair shop.   At any rate, during the last few weeks the carpet thoroughly dried with no evidence of mold.  And after our drive to this Campground, we’re still bone dry. 

My best uneducated guess is the condenser housing might be slightly warped or had come loose?   The bead of sealant and a careful reinstallation appears to have fixed the problem.  Time will tell I suppose.