Skip to main content
Topic: The day has come, LD has closed (Read 7681 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: The day has come, LD has closed
Reply #150
Hi Andy;  I don't see any way to edit or change anything in the Pocket Guide.  The Techsnoz information also has been long gone and I haven't seen Terry in quite a while.  Perhaps the 'Administrators' can assist with that.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #151
The Pocket Guide is hosted as part of LDOG, so I'm sure Michelle knows how to edit it.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #152
Hi Andy, my thoughts also.  I'll message her to inquire.  RonB

Reply #153
Maybe replace the Lazy Daze contact info with "Lazy Daze closed its doors in late 2022. Replacement parts are available from Todd Miller: <ldrvtodd@yahoo.com> or ‭(909) 627-0941‬."
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #154
Haven't seen any new info on the closing of Lazy Daze in the past month or so.  Is there any current news on what's happening to the factory and all it's LD parts laying around on shelves?  Any current contact info for Todd and is he available?  Can he access parts?  Last time I talked with Todd he met me at the door (showroom closed) and sold me a paint touch up kit. He told me people call him almost daily wanting to buy a used LD.  What's the latest?
Gale   2008 IB
G N Wilson
2008 Mid-Bath

Reply #155
Haven't seen any new info on the closing of Lazy Daze in the past month or so.  Is there any current news on what's happening to the factory and all it's LD parts laying around on shelves?  Any current contact info for Todd and is he available?  Can he access parts?  Last time I talked with Todd he met me at the door (showroom closed) and sold me a paint touch up kit. He told me people call him almost daily wanting to buy a used LD.  What's the latest?
Gale   2008 IB

See the previous message for Todd's contact info. The shop is empty.
Nothing else has changed, the factory has closed and Elvis is still dead.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #156
Nothing else has changed, the factory has closed and Elvis is still dead.

Larry, I beg to differ.  Ran into Elvis in downtown Tehachapi a couple days ago!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #157
Does anyone have suggestions for LD items I should try to buy to have on hand? Door handles? Knobs?
2013 27’ Mid-Bath
2005 Honda CR-V

Reply #158
Hi Keith; If you are trying to stockpile items for your LD, generally almost everything they used was purchased somewhere else. Those suppliers are mostly still there, have presences on the internet and are more than willing to take your money.  Problems happen when items age out and are replaced with newer designs and the manufacturer quits supplying older parts. Or the manufacturer goes out of business. Such as the recent enquiries about coach door locks, track insulation, marker lights, proper colored 'T' molding, Tinted window glass, wall switches. Things that have been modernized. Incandescent light fixtures and even florescent have almost disappeared. 
   What has been lost are outside wall sections, compartment doors, end caps and paint services to make them fit in.  Rear wheel cover flaps, Tire cover housings, front end caps, inner doors, drawers and wall panels because of design elements unique to Lazy Daze.  Decals and name logo's for instance.  RonB

Reply #159
   "What has been lost are outside wall sections"
Yeah an accident would be the end of the line without those parts. Maybe I will part mine out
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #160
The Pocket Guide is hosted as part of LDOG, so I'm sure Michelle knows how to edit it.

Andy - I'd missed this when you posted it.  RonB alerted me to the need to edit the Pocket Guide.

Steve's taken care of it (Steve the admin and my better half, not Steve Newton  ;)  )

You'll note the LDO site disclaimer has been updated as well.

Michelle