Skip to main content
Topic: Drawings (Read 366 times) previous topic - next topic
Drawings
Another thing I've been wondering about. Are there any electrical schematics available and also are there any build drawings available? Thanks.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Drawings
Reply #1
There are no Factory schematics or construction drawings available, sorry.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
no Factory schematics or construction drawings

Darn! Looks like there's a wealth of knowledge in this group so that should do the trick. Thanks.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
Jor

Many of us have lusted over schematics, particularly of the electrical system but no joy there.

There have been, over time, photos of the LD framework taken while under construction. Perhaps that would be useful if some of our older members have such in their archives. What about that LDO?   ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #4
jor-

The prior owners of our LD made no changes to the house or chassis wiring. That meant the information in the manual, scant as it was, was enough.

I made a bunch of changes to both house and chassis wiring. Along the way I created a diagram set that blends Ford and LD chassis wiring. On the house side, I didn't document as well. In any case, I'm willing to send you a copy of my diagram set. Three caveats:

1) There are some differences on the Ford side between the 1997 chassis under our LD and the 2008/9 under your LD's chassis, and
2) There may be differences in LD's wiring on the chassis side between 1997 and 2008/9, and
3) You'd have to separate out the customizations I made from the factory-delivered state

If you think the info would help you, let me know.

Ford maintains a Web site that has E-series info (link here). I prefer to start with the more-comprehensive Body Builder Advisory Service "Publications" site (link here). You will find there:

2008 Body Builder Layout Book

and, inside the book, a section on E-series wiring. If you want more info than that, you'll want to pick up a paper or DVD copy of the 2008 or 2009 Ford EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Technical Manual).

Mark H.

Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #5
Per Steve’s request for LD construction photos, I submit this collage for your collective eyes.

One can just imagine where all the wires go. 🤔

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #6
"LD construction photos..."

Thanks Kent, exactly what I had imagined!

Years ago during the time of the Original Forum (Yahoo?) there were many such photos, one in particular was of a 30'IB and that alone was the impetus for me to purchase that model.   :)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #8
Great photos and I contacted Mark on his documentation. Thanks to all.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #9
Jor, to complicate matters more, I believe there is also some wiring running through the floor, but others may know for sure.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #10
Hi Greg;  Yes wiring in channels below the surface of the floor. And also propane lines, cold water and hot water pipes. So don't be pounding nails or putting screws in the floor without checking on either side of the aisles for evidence of crossing  utilities.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #11
I made a bunch of changes to both house and chassis wiring. Along the way I created a diagram set that blends Ford and LD chassis wiring. On the house side, I didn't document as well. In any case, I'm willing to send you a copy of my diagram set.

Mark, I'd love to have your documentation and I would be very interested in your mods too. Sent you a PM. Thanks in advance.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester