Skip to main content
Topic: Seeking Wall Filler Suggestion (Read 112 times) previous topic - next topic
Seeking Wall Filler Suggestion
We are working on our 2005 LD RB and are getting ready to paint the inside walls.  We've taken down the valances and some other fixtures and have a number of screw holes that we want to fill before we prime.

Not having worked on a caravan before, we're not sure what product to use.  We presume sheetrock compound, one of our favorite solutions for in the house, would not work.

What have people used successfully to patch small holes?
Peter & Heather

Re: Seeking Wall Filler Suggestion
Reply #1

Hi Peter;  I've used this to fill holes. It does shrink just a little as the vehicle evaporates. https://www.lowes.com/pd/DAP-Plastic-Wood-4-oz-Natural-Wood-Filler/4013497    I also keep this on hand. More versatile and dries dark gray. Amazon.com: J-B Weld 8276 KwikWeld Quick Setting Steel Reinforced Epoxy -...    Once mixed in small quantities, it sets up in a few minutes. Dries hard enough to sand in about 15 minutes. 
 RonB

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Seeking Wall Filler Suggestion
Reply #2

If you were 2005 midbath has the same textured white wall panels as my 2003 did, white spackling is a good filler. Get the kind that's lightweight, because it shrinks less when drying. If the color doesn't match perfectly, you may need to mix up a little bit of touchup paint and then dab it on with the end of a mostly dry-bristled brush.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"