Skip to main content
Topic: Window Screens (Read 145 times) previous topic - next topic
Window Screens
LD gurus, I'm putting some window film on the bathroom window and I can't get the screen out. I've had several rigs with the same screens. I've always just given them a push up and the bottom would pop out but these babies aren't comin' out. I'm afraid I am going to bend the frame if I apply too much force. Anyhow, is there a trick to removing the window screens? Thanks.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Window Screens
Reply #1
You should be able to lift up OR press down on the screen depending where the plastic springs are located.   On the other hand, if a previous owner tried to secure the screen with some kind of adhesive because of broken springs, then that’s going to be another matter.

Reply #2
The screen tracks are free and clear and both the window and screen move easily. I guess I'll just have to use more force than I'm comfortable with. Thanks for your reply.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
Hi Jor;  My older TK, the screens just cover where the half window slides open. The screens slide out of the track.  I'll have to go look at it again on mine.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4
Got it. It's just like the others I've seen with the springs at the top but this one was a very tight fit.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #5
Yes, the bathroom slider screen is smaller and thus has less flex than the larger ones.  You may find the cabover screens are tight as well.  Glad you got it out ok!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264