Skip to main content
Topic: A Recent Van Fire (Read 195 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A Recent Van Fire
Reply #1
RE:  VAN FIRE

The couple said that they thought they were pretty lucky as they had not yet moved into the van before the total loss of the vehicle.  They vowed to try again; this time with a bit newer unit.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Reply #2
I started watching the Beans while watching “The Endless Adventure” several weeks back.

“Frank” looked like a fair entry level albeit old camper van. Not really sure how the fire started. Leaking propane? 12 volt short? What a shame. Glad they are ok. Sad about Frank.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
Same here…Endless Adventure, then Beans…I felt so bad I donated to the Go Fund Me.  I hate that their American experience was so terrifying!!
Blessed are the curious for they will have adventures!
2003 MB

Reply #4
Oh, that made me cry. Those poor people's dreams, gone up in smoke. :-(
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
"Not really sure how the fire started. Leaking propane? 12 volt short?"

Watching the volunteer with the hand held fire extinguisher it appeared to me the fire was in the vicinity of the catalytic converter, right under the coach door! I'm presuming that vintage of vehicle had one. After a long period of non-use perhaps it was plugged and the fire originated there. Just guessing!   :o   :(

At least they are alive and can start over.  ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #6
Here is an update (at the end of this video) of the Beans sad story. Certainly not the first RV to go up in smoke. Hopefully the last.

https://youtu.be/3ao7M9flZUI

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"