Skip to main content
Topic: New Seatbelts! (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic
New Seatbelts!
We ordered new seatbelts through Seatbeltplanet.com. Our old ones did not retract. Since stock belts are no longer available for our 1991 LD, ours were custom-made.  We learned that we needed to be very specific about the length of the two belts.  The retractor on the passenger side is mounted at the floor and the retractor on the driver's side is mounted at shoulder height, so the lengths of the webbing on the two belts differ.  This was an issue when we ordered because they thought we made a mistake with our measurements and they made both belts the same length, making one belt too short to use.  Also, they talked us into using a retractor that is designed for racecars and had to be mounted perfectly vertical, which would not work on the driver's side because at the shoulder height, the cab curves making the retractor lock up, so that had to be changed.  I thought the pricing was reasonable. So if you need seatbelts and you can't get them from Ford, Seatbeltplanet.com is a source to check out.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: New Seatbelts!
Reply #1
I'm going to look i need the covers for the floor to make them stand up
1992 Mid Bath

Reply #2
are these attached to the seat or floor? I wonder how they play with the swivel chair. my passenger one is attached to the floor, and that plastic has broken due to swiveling over it
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #3
It seems to me they are both attached to the seats. They went on the same mounts as the original seatbelts. We did not make any modifications.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo