• Yes
    3 (13.6%)
  • No
    19 (86.4%)
  • No, but previously a member
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: May 19, 2022, 12:23:48 pm

Topic: FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association) (Read 223 times) previous topic - next topic
FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association)
With the recent topic on roadside assistance, I wanted to run a poll to determine how many LD owners (or want-to-be LD owners) are members or past members of the FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association).

Thank you in advance for your response. The poll will run for ten days.
Sam

Re: FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association)
Reply #1
I am a member of FMCA.  I joined mainly because of the FMCAssist that comes with a membership.  It will get you, your rig, toad, and pets home if there is a medical reason you are unable to drive yourself.  Included with the $50 a year membership.  Seems like cheap insurance for a solo traveler like me.

Linda
Linda B
Green 2021 RB
2022 Ford Maverick toad

Reply #2
Past member. I joined around 2005 because they included medevac insurance with membership, making it a bargain. A year later they dropped that benefit, so I dropped them.

A few years later, they announced that they'd be including unlimited internet with every membership... but shortly before the service was to go live, they shamefacedly admitted that "Oops"--you'd have to pay extra for it.

At least they are being up front about the cost of their roadside assistance program.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Never a member.  When we were fulltimers, we traveled in a fifth wheel and, at that time, only motorhome owners were allowed to join FMCA which left a bad taste in my mouth.  Now that we have a motorhome, I haven't felt the need to join and probably will not.
Linda Hylton

Reply #4
We were members for years.

We cancelled our FMCA membership years ago for 3 reasons.

FMCA gave nearly their entire advertising budget to RVillage one year, without presenting this decision to the membership first or announcing it afterwards.

FMCA board decided to open membership to all RV types and made it difficult for the membership to vote on this.  They only accepted mailed forms from the magazine (no electronic or e-mail ballots), several club leaders "assisted" chapters in completing and collecting hardcopy ballots.  The decision to open up membership was made with less than 10% of the membership voting.

Very unprofessional online behavior of a member of the FMCA board.

Escapees is by far a better organization and we are lifetime SKPs.