Skip to main content
Topic: Dehumidifier upgrade (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic
Dehumidifier upgrade

Hi,

Based on some reading here I bought Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier 215 sq ft - Portable Mini Dehumidifier with... . Unit failed to collect a single drop of water even when I can see water droplets on window frame. Either dehumidifier is defective or it shuts off when humidity is too much to manage (if this is true, we need to get designer's brain checked). I did read the limitation of this small unit as for sq footage and humidity level but am very disappointed that I never saw any water in the collection bin.

Anyways, I am looking for a new dehumidifier which has worked for other folks. Of course as everybody, I do not want to use more energy then  minimally needed. Any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Re: Dehumidifier upgrade
Reply #1
Hi Muhammad!
I have that exact dehumidifier and can dump water out every day from the reservoir so sounds like yours may be defective. It's an easy return at Kohls and reorder through Amazon. Good luck!
Mottleycru
Shawn and Randy Willmott

Reply #2
Hi Muhammad!
I have that exact dehumidifier and can dump water out every day from the reservoir so sounds like yours may be defective. It's an easy return at Kohls and reorder through Amazon. Good luck!
Mottleycru
Thanks. Guess mine is defective then .... I will get a new one and return this one.

Reply #3
I’ve used the same model as well. Was always pleased with it.

Steve
Steve
2003TK

Reply #4
Says it will not work below 41F, optimal from 59F to 86F. Note too that condensation on the windows occurs because the windows are cold, which is also how the dehumidifier works. At this price point, the cooling element is most likely a thermo-electric cooler which transfers heat from one face to the other. If it is drawing power, this process is likely happening, but something may be interferring with the airflow, or it may be too cold inside.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #5
Says it will not work below 41F, optimal from 59F to 86F. Note too that condensation on the windows occurs because the windows are cold, which is also how the dehumidifier works. At this price point, the cooling element is most likely a thermo-electric cooler which transfers heat from one face to the other. If it is drawing power, this process is likely happening, but something may be interferring with the airflow, or it may be too cold inside.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I do remember taking plastic cover from the top and fan is working. Cooling elements were little wet but not wet enough for water to start dripping down. 41F is pretty low and uncomfortable I don't think we do put ourselves to this torture on regular basis. We tried this unit for weeks putting it different places in RV without seeing any result. Initially we kept it close to sink thinking perhaps container will get full and if auto shut off does not work sink will rescue us :-) With what I read here do tell me that something is wrong with my unit and it is easy to try a new unit.

Thanks again

Regards,

Reply #6
I bought humedifier from ebay and in past I did not have a good luck with ebay purchase but based on what I hear here I was pretty sure humedifier is defective. I sent a message to the vendor which I think was the manufacturer as well. They ask me to send them sticker from the humedifier showing the batch and with in half an hour they refunded the entire money (I bought humedifier last Oct.). They told me tha this humedifier can goto recycling bin ..... simple and easy and fast process .... just fyi