Skip to main content
Topic: Recession Around the Corner? (Read 272 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Recession Around the Corner?
Reply #1
Perhaps the demand for RVs will decrease, and hopefully, the Lazy Daze Mothership will be able to start producing them again.

Recession fears mount as US economy shrinks, inflation surges

Or will gas prices decrease? - Not likely.

Did you notice stock rally on Thursday but gave up all the gains and some more on Friday …. If recession occurs naturally Fed will put breaks on interest rate hike …. Fed goal is to bring inflation back to 2% and easiest way is to decrease money supply which is done by increasing interest rate. With increase interest rate companies will stop or reduce investment in new projects which will increase unemployment rate which will decrease demand and prices will start coming down …. Fed start taking action recently and it is about 18 month cycle … perhaps we can see prices coming down post next summer

Reply #3
Thank you, Muhammad! We can only hope for lower prices.
If my reading is correct we will see unemployment number going pretty high and will face lot of hardship before things get better. My  prediction is based on history; in 80s we had similar situation during President Regan and Fed continue to increase the interest rate aggressively and successfully brought inflation to bearable 2% in less then two years but there were lot of casualties during the process …. I was looking for job during that time and do remember entire dorm room wall filled by rejection letters.

I promised not to take risk with my retirement savings which means not timing the market otherwise there are few lucrative moves which make very good sense … but going steady has paid so far :-) enough on this topic from me … let’s think about our next destination :-)

Reply #4
You haven't lost any money unless you sell. Let it ride.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #5
I noticed inflation has not been this high since the last time Russia incurred into one of its neighbors.
I think that might be a factor
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #6
May be, but we were seeing prices creeping up much before Ukrainian crisis …. But you do have a point. We will see … perhaps war may cool down the economy and Fed may not have to move as aggressively as I expect.

I noticed inflation has not been this high since the last time Russia incurred into one of its neighbors.
I think that might be a factor