Skip to main content
Topic: 1982 19 ft? (Read 337 times) previous topic - next topic
1982 19 ft?
Hello Folks, I hope you are comfortable giving your opinion.  I know I may be considering a foolish thing, (which is why I want to get a lot of input), I need the smallest class C I can find, but would love to have an older Lazy Daze (all I can afford).   And there it was, on Craigs list, a 1982 chevy powered LD, 19 ft.  I'm going to get more info., but it is listed at about 100,000 miles, some rust (cab?), no pictures of roof or underside or mention of leaks.  They are asking $18,000 plus, I think it's high, and it may be too old and too expensive to take on, we need something we can use now that doesn't look like a wreck. k I'll post a link as soon as I get one with good pictures, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Nick.

Re: 1982 19 ft?
Reply #1
Very high price. I saw a 96 23ft lazydaze forsale on Facebook marketplace yesterday for 8,000. It is gone now. It had a entertainment center up front instead of a overhead bed so it only had a couch bed.

Reply #2
Hello Folks, I hope you are comfortable giving your opinion.  I know I may be considering a foolish thing, (which is why I want to get a lot of input), I need the smallest class C I can find, but would love to have an older Lazy Daze (all I can afford).  And there it was, on Craigs list, a 1982 chevy powered LD, 19 ft.  I'm going to get more info., but it is listed at about 100,000 miles, some rust (cab?), no pictures of roof or underside or mention of leaks.  They are asking $18,000 plus, I think it's high, and it may be too old and too expensive to take on, we need something we can use now that doesn't look like a wreck. k I'll post a link as soon as I get one with good pictures, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Nick.

Nick, may I suggest you post the link to the Craigslist ad. You've been reading this forum long enough to know how cautious you have to be when considering an LD this old. That said, I'll let the experts chime in.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
Nick, you asked for input, so just offering my candid opinion.

I saw the ad. If you are OK with shelling out far more than this rig is worth, at least have a thorough professional inspection done, get a list of everything that the inspection reveals as needing to be repaired or replaced (I believe that it’s a “given” that a 40-year-old rig will need a good deal of rehab!), and look hard and realistically at whether you have the time, skills, and financial resources well past the initial purchase price to do the inevitable repairs and replacement.

As Chris said, there are many “cautionary tales” on the forum about the downsides of taking on a very old rig.

I’d keep looking, but YMMV.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Very high price. I saw a 96 23ft lazydaze forsale on Facebook marketplace yesterday for 8,000. It is gone now. It had a entertainment center up front instead of a overhead bed so it only had a couch bed.

What is not at a very high price during the current times and situations around us?
Sam

Reply #6
Nestled away in the archives is a price guide for Lazy Daze Models & Years. It provides a good starting point for best case LD’s.

Here it is.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #7
We feel very fortunate to have bought our 2003 TK with 36k miles back in September of 2019 for $22k. In very sweet condition with a recently resealed roof. Kind of in line with the price guide which we accessed at the time of purchase. Then the pandemic hit.
Steve
2003TK

Reply #8
I have no idea other than there's no way I'd pay 5 figures for a 40-year-old RV.  *Maybe* if it was in pristine condition, but probably not even then.

I understand, but I would not sell mine for anything less! (Not that I'm selling...but it's worth a lot to me). 😁

Harvey, the RV
1989 22' Front Lounge

Reply #9
Hi Nick,,

Having had an 85, I woukd not settle for anything less than fuel injection and over drive.  It never stranded us in its 10 year run with us but the high revs on the freeway and the constant carb problems with today's gas, including smogging problems were no fun.  It would have to be pristine to pay that much.  Please follow Joan's advice for a professional inspection if you really have to own this.  Personally, I would move on.

Ramon

2000 Mid-Bath
2012 Lance 830 Truck Camper/2006 Cummins Dodge Ram Megacab
1985 Multi Plan - Donated to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.