Skip to main content
Topic: Parts needed (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic
Parts needed
94 TK Chevy - Appliance Parts Needed

I need a mixing valve for the water heater.. Atwood-G6A-7E serial # 96219092409
Suburban Furnace Motor - Model # NT-20S.. serial # 941301681 _stock 2019

A new furnace is $2,300 installed, I do not want to purchase a new furnace just a new motor.
Any suggestions regarding purchasing new parts...

Thanks,
Chris
1994 Twin King

Re: Parts needed
Reply #1

I have never seen an LD built with a hot water mixing valve, much less one inside an Atwood water heater.
Is the mixing valve located on the output side of the water heater?
It's not shown in the parts diagrams.
Dometicâ„¢ Atwood G6A-6 RV Water Heater Parts Breakdown
External mixing valves can be bought from plumbing supply houses.

Motor Suburban 520950
The furnace motor is obsolete, this was the only vendor that didn't report is out of stock. 
Suburban 520950 Motor – Factory Direct Marine Parts
Matching it is a possibility if the amperage rating and motor RPM specs are available, along with its physical dimensions.

When the furnace motor is replaced, there are two gaskets that should be replaced, damaged gaskets can allow combustion gases to leak into the interior.

A new furnace is less than $700
Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more.
Suburban NT-20S Ducted RV Camper Moptorhome Trailer Propane Furnace 19,000...

Replacement of the furnace may be the best way of proceeding and the safest, I couldn't find a motor replacement gasket kit.
Owning and maintaining an antique RV requires a lot of reengineering and designing. Many of the parts available 'back in the day' have been obsolete for years. It's similar to restoring old cars.

Larry

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Larry,
Thank you so much for you advice and expertise. 
I took the Daze to Airstream in San Gabriel to get the heater fixed as the motor was screaming.  I will discuss the idea of a new furnace heater with Airstream.   The Suburban I currently have is
NT - 20S - Serial 941301681  Input BT/HR 19000 Orifice size and dimension 3/64

The issue with the hot water is simple, at the kitchen sink the hot water works great, at the shower the hot water is terrible.  I have cleaned out the hose, the shower head has been cleaned...we just do not get the pressure at the shower.  Again, I realize we have a 94' but the amount of hot water and pressure is not normal.  (Water Pump is working fine)  The comment Airstream was the mixing valve was corroded.  The Mother Ship does not work on older rigs, I will discuss with Vince @ LCW.
1994 Twin King

Reply #3

I took the Daze to Airstream in San Gabriel to get the heater fixed as the motor was screaming.  .

I'm confused about the mixing valve, AFAIK, LDs do not have mixing valves.
Poor water flow in the shower could be caused by blockages inside the shower's diverter valve.
This is the same issue you reported 8 months ago, at the same time saying the bathroom's faucet flow was fine.
Since the shower's water is supplied through the faucet, the blockage is probably in the diverter, assuming you went ahead and replaced the hose and showerhead.
Shower faucet combo 94 TK
The T/K's Factory Whisper King water pump is somewhat small and does not produce a huge amount of pressure, probably a good thing considering the T/K's small grey water tank.

A little late now, the motor's bearing's may just need a few drops of electric motor oil, if the bearings can be accessed from outside the motor. This would require taking the heater apart, an involved project.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Problem solved.  New faucet, hose and shower head.  The temp was controlled, the pressure was nice. Next project is to fix the heater…
1994 Twin King

Reply #5
Problem solved.  New faucet, hose and shower head.  The temp was controlled, the pressure was nice. Next project is to fix the heater…
1994 Twin King