Skip to main content
Topic: Lights: replacing the bulbs (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic
Lights: replacing the bulbs
So after 3 months full time in my 26 and a 1/2 foot mid bath (1997) I have a burnt-out light bulb(s)  In my bathroom I have 0 idea on how to get the cover for the light fixture off in order to replace the bulbs. Looking for Simple how to instructions please.
TIA
Nichol
1997 Mid Bath
It is what it is, and this too shall pass.

Re: Lights: replacing the bulbs
Reply #1
I don't know which specific light fixtures you have, Nichol, but the usual procedure is to squeeze the lens along its long edges.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Nichol, we have a 98~MB, you probably have this light in your bathroom like ours if it is original.  As Andy suggested you just squeeze each side to remove the lens.

Karen~Liam
    98 ~ MB
      NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #3
...and while you're at it, consider replacing those power-hungry incandescent bulbs with warm white LEDs. :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
You could go one better and change your light completely.  We kept the old lights but changed the mirror for a lighted one.  One drawback is that it is 110v but you could be plugged in to shore power or run the generator or if you have an inverter you could invert 12v DC to the 110v AC?  We left the old light for the times we are on 12v only.

Karen~Liam
     98 ~ MB
       NinA

1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #6
M4 LEDs is my go-to place for LEDs, good products, and service.
M4 LED Products
Pay attention to the color of the bulbs, they come in several colors (also referred to as temperature).
Also available are LED tubes for replacing the fluorescent tubes.
Changing all the bulbs to LEDs will significantly decrease your nighttime power usage.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
Lighting your rig with 4-5 Luci Lights will save even more!  😁
— Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄