Skip to main content
Topic: Removing HWH 625 hydraulic leveling system... (Read 303 times) previous topic - next topic
Removing HWH 625 hydraulic leveling system...
Hey all! Just checking to see who if anyone has removed these from their rig. We have a 30'IB bought used and it seems they are pretty finicky. Don't want to deal with them if they get stuck while out boon docking and also will save us precious CCC, I think like 300 lbs. My hubs was just wondering how difficult this task is...anyone have any experience with this? Thank you! Tonya and Eric
2006 30' Island bed

Re: Removing HWH 625 hydraulic leveling system...
Reply #1
I have HWH levelers, and I don't think removal would be very difficult. 

On my rig, the levelers are bolted to mounting plates, which are welded to the frame.  I would leave the mounting plates, and they won't weight much. 

All of the hydraulic lines and pumps are independent of the rest of the coach.  You would have to remove the wires providing power from the battery, the wires to the control panel (mine run up under the driver seat) and the wires to the leveling indicator.

In short, it's very doable if you know what the parts are and what they do. 

The removed parts would have some value.  You could probably get someone to remove them for free if they keep the parts - if that appeals to you.

Rich

2003 MB

Reply #2
I replaced my HWH kickdown Jack's. The have some weight, sat the new ones on something so I wouldn't have to hold them while bolting them back.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #3
Thank you for the info Rich, I agree the plates should just be left, and the hard part would seem to be removing all the lines, and not accidentally removing something we need from the rig.. I really think it'll be worth it in the weight savings dept.
2006 30' Island bed

Reply #4
I have removed three sets of hydraulic levers. Most everything bolts on, some have welded brackets that must remain or be cut off.
While not a technically difficult job, it is messy, with the hydraulic lines and the reservoir full of oil.
Disconnect the 12-volt power before starting and have a bucket available for draining the reservoir and hydraulic lines.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Thank you Larry! Very helpful. I think we are going to do it. I mean a 300lb weight savings on the 30' rig would be very helpful.
2006 30' Island bed