Skip to main content
Topic: New rubber gasket for old Hehr windows- does yours need replacing? (Read 148 times) previous topic - next topic
New rubber gasket for old Hehr windows- does yours need replacing?
I have found a company that will custom make the rubber gasket for the old Hehr windows. My LD is a ‘91. No one makes this gasket anymore and nothing else fits. I can buy a different product and glue it in but that’s not my first choice.
If I custom order the gasket, I have to make a minimum order of 1000 feet. Does anyone else need the gasket? If I can find at least 8 other people willing to order at least 100 feet each, I would be willing to put in an order.  If you are interested, please message or email me. This offer ends 4/30/2022.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: New rubber gasket for old Hehr windows- does yours need replacing?
Reply #1
For those who are okay with using a gasket that kind of works if you glue them in, there are a couple of products.
Pelland has two that semi-fit. The gaskets with the yellow and the blue dot (see pictures) will need to be glued in. Pelland will send you samples for free, you just pay postage. In my opinion, it’s worth the postage to see it and try fitting it yourself before you buy.  Pelland’s products are good and less expensive than Steele Rubber’s products.

There is also Steele Rubber’s product (see pictures). They will send you a free sample at no cost. Again, I recommend you request one. My windows may vary slightly from yours. Steele Rubber makes a very high-quality product but you pay for it. This gasket will last a long, long time.

For adhesive, I recommend a non-permanent marine polyurethane like 3M 4200 Fast cure.  If I end up gluing in gasket, this is what I will use.
Stay away from permanent adhesives unless it’s something you will never need to replace. Trying to remove a window where you have to remove a permanent adhesive may damage or crack the window, and if you get it on paint, it will take your paint off....don't ask me how I know. %-|
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo