Skip to main content
Topic: CatClamp Installed on Catalytic Converter (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic
CatClamp Installed on Catalytic Converter
Installed CatClamp on 2019 27ft RB.  Simple install.  Reversed tamper proof bolts to face floor of coach. 

Driven for 100's of miles.  No rattles.  No chaffing. 

Yes - it can be defeated, but definitely a deterrent.  Includes window sticker.  Hopefully the scumbags will move on to the next vehicle. 

Now looking for a locking gas cap!! 

2019 27 FT Rear Bath, Grey. 2021 GMC Canyon dinghy.

Re: CatClamp Installed on Catalytic Converter
Reply #1
"Now looking for a locking gas cap!!"

I've used a Stant for years!
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
JMO, but a determined gas thief may not be deterred by a locking gas cap and just cut the filler neck instead. 🥴
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Joan,

If that is done, hopefully the thief will then somehow generate a spark!  Yes, I do hate thieves!

Gary
2007 30' TB

Reply #5
JMO, but a determined gas thief may not be deterred by a locking gas cap and just cut the filler neck instead. 🥴
The latest here in Idaho not only are they taking catalytic converters but punching a hole in the bottom of the gas tank to get to the gas, now that sucks as now you have to have the tank replaced *sigh*
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Reply #6
I've tried to syphon my gas with a hose and hand pump before. seems like we have something to prevent the hose from going all the way down to the gas, so the gas cap is really more to prevent vandalism
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge