Skip to main content
Topic: Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic
Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor
Just bought one of these on Amazon at a discount because it was "used". Amazon rated it "like new" and I would agree. The box it came in was a mess, but the unit is in perfect shape. There are two more also "used-like new" for $327.23 versus regular price of $369 if anyone is interested. 
George & Jo Ann
2017 MB

Re: Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor
Reply #1
I have a brand new one in the original box that I will sell for $300.  I never used it, and now use my ryobi air compressor to air up my tires.   If anyone is interested, send me an email.

Reply #2
I got one off amazon too. It was in the used and came with the cast aluminum filter housing snapped off. The frt base leg support was slightly bent and the long extention was very slightly bent....the price was 357.00. I called Amazon and negotiated the price down to 100.00. I ordered a new filter housing,
I wish it had an andersen clip connector and not the aligator clips to attach to the battery...may make that change later.
I am sure the hand held air gauge is off but most air guages have a 3lbs minus or plus error. It does what it says. The bag needs to be larger and reinforced so heavy compressor does not do damage to itself and other items. Going to try the blow out plug i bought to winterize today. Hard freeze on Saturday. I give it a B+ only because of clamps and filter did not have a frame around it to protect it ....it is on the front of the steel case and is case aluminum....i put thick foam in both ends of carry bag. Also the whole set up in the bag takes up alot of room.
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #3
$300 would buy a lot of Ryobi tools including their great air compressor. Pick up a 1/2 18v impact driver, inflater, a couple of 18v batteries and a charger for the same price and you have a nice tool kit for a tire issue.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.