Skip to main content
Topic: A Heartwarming Story (Read 173 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A Heartwarming Story
Reply #1
Chris,

This story reinforces my conviction that no poisons are allowed in or around our home or LD.

Poison is not the only danger to pets, as many of us know. Artificial sweeteners, dark chocolate, household cleaners…the list goes on.

Thank you for the post. Keep your little ones safe and stay informed on all things pet care. It’s a complicated world.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Chris,

This story reinforces my conviction that no poisons are allowed in or around our home or LD.

Poison is not the only danger to pets, as many of us know. Artificial sweeteners, dark chocolate, household cleaners…the list goes on.

Thank you for the post. Keep your little ones safe and stay informed on all things pet care. It’s a complicated world.

Kent
Yes, Kent, the prime reason for posting this frightening story was to remind folks about the dangers of poisons to our pets. The other, notwithstanding the touching nature of the story, is that Emily Fagan is a wonderful writer and photographer. I started following her blog some years ago, primarily because I really enjoyed her photography. The way she integrated photos of Buddy to complement her dialog in this vignette was first class in my opinion. She also wrote articles for the defunct Trailer Life magazine. 

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
The post about Buddy referred to leaving multiple mousetraps around, but always finding the bait stolen--that's why they resorted to poison. I once had a mouse in my RV, and I was able to catch and kill it with a Victor M140C trap.

The way this trap is designed, the rodent can't get at the bait unless it pushes its nose under a small hood. Doing that releases the bar which comes down exactly on its neck, snapping its spine instantly. The design ensures no bait stealing, and pretty much guarantees that the animal will be perfectly positioned for a clean kill. The trap's design also makes disposal easy, with no need to touch the dead animal.

It worked for me, at any rate--within a couple hours of placing it, I heard it snap, and the rodent had been cleanly killed.

Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4

I've used a couple of these for many years to catch any troublesome mice. I usually catch them within a day or two, and easy to release where they won't return or bother anyone else.

Amazon.com : JT Eaton 421CL Repeater Multiple Catch Mouse Trap with Clear...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Bill
2003 -- 23' FL