Skip to main content
Topic: I can't see! Power side view mirrors will not adjust! (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic
I can't see! Power side view mirrors will not adjust!
Hi, I have a 2012 RK on the Ford E450. I am not able to adjust my mirrors with the power switch. (There is also a switch above the adjustment switch that apparently has a small red light. This red light does not come on - is this for heated mirrors)? I have checked all fuses under the dash. The manual lists a fuse for the mirrors as number 13 and doesn't list one in the engine compartment. I pulled the two switches today. Ford said the switch was installed by Lazy Daze and Ford doesn't  have a replacement. I have used a meter, but I have not found power going to the switch. I'm not sure if I'm checking for power correctly. Does anyone know what color wire would be used for the power source? Do I put one meter probe on the wire and the other to a grounding point? Am I checking correctly for the problem???

Thanks in advance,
Rick
2012   27' Rear Kitchen
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Rick

Re: I can't see! Power side view mirrors will not adjust!
Reply #1
Call the lazy daze factory for info
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #2
Have you tried using the mirrors with the ignition on? The mirror controls should be energized.
Even if the switch is defective, there should have power present unless a fuse is blown. Check with a voltmeter, with one probe grounded and the other used to check for power. Check every available terminal.

Since LD installed the power mirrors, the fuse may be in the cab's fuse box or it may be an inline fuse, its location could be under the dash or under the hood on the driver's side. Added fuses are usually marked as to what they power.
Time for some detective work in tracking down the missing power.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Thanks Larry!
2012   27' Rear Kitchen
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Rick

Reply #4
My Suburban has a left and right switch for mirror control. The rocker switch is center off. Could Ford be the same?

Jon
1994 MB