Skip to main content
Topic: Electric levelers in SoCal  (Read 506 times) previous topic - next topic
Electric levelers in SoCal
Any recommendations for a type of electric levelers and installers for the Ventura or Los Angeles?

Re: Electric levelers in SoCal
Reply #1
Hi Gerald;  Electrically powered hydraulic pump and ram systems are about all that will work with heavy class 'C' motorhomes.  Unless you are really handy and dedicated, your choices are to buy the system and have it shipped to an installer of your choice. Certified installers for the brand you choose are better. The L.A. area has many choices for installers.
   The only brands that I know of offhand are:  Big Foot, Equalizer Systems, Lippert, and long established HWH.  All are in the $3k to $5k range.   I would guess that used systems are available, and maybe a better fit for used motorhomes.  You didn't say what year of motor home you have.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
Hi Ron
I have a 2005 mid-bath 26.6 blue model. A local company said they use Lippert and was going to send a price. They said they have installed them on with success. Thank you for your reply.

Reply #3
See this if you haven't already:

The Lazy Daze Companion: Leveling

Each system has pluses and minuses.  It's a matter of picking the ones you can live with. 

Rich

2003 MB

Reply #4
Rich
Great article. Decisions decisions.

Reply #5
Received my price
$4,500 for the levelers and assorted parts, gages, etc...
$3,250 Labor to install
$330 Taxes
Holy cow!

Reply #6
Yikes! You can buy a lot of leveling blocks for that price! 😮
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
Hi Gerald; That's for the Lippert brand of levelers. What option/features does that price go with?   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
I have decided to get Beech levelers....they are similar to Andersen but black and made more heavy duty. I can not justify the high price of electric...get 3 or 4 of these and save the big bucks for a safety slush fund. 3 of these on amazon for under 140.00.
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #9
I have decided to get Beech levelers....they are similar to Andersen but black and made more heavy duty. I can not justify the high price of electric...get 3 or 4 of these and save the big bucks for a safety slush fund. 3 of these on amazon for under 140.00.
2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe
2016 Twin King 24ft
2017 Casita Independence Dlx
2004 Midbath 26.5

Reply #10
These types are better suited to trailers, which typically require them only for side-to-side leveling. They could be tricky with duallies and also aligning front-to-back. Ramps or stepped blocks are easier to judge and thus make for quicker leveling. Realize too that hydraulic levelers will keep the leveled rig from rocking, if you care about that. We don't, and use home-made stepped blocks and assorted wood boards for quick, easy leveling.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #11
FRANRAM

The OP seemed to be talking about "electric" levelers, which in my mind implies 'hydraulic ram pistons' activated by an electronically powered control board. Levelers of that type are intended to remotely lift and level a motor home such as our Lazy Daze.

The types you mention are a far cry from what was asked at the beginning of this thread. They [Beach Camper Levelers] are not remote and will require the driver to position them to best advantage.

Camper Levelers | Beech Lane
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #12

Three or four bags of LYNX leveling blocks will be many times more useful and easier to use, compared to the Beech.
Amazon.com: Tri-Lynx 00015 Lynx Levelers - 10 Pack , Orange : Automotive
Highly recommended.

Larry

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #13
Three or four bags of LYNX leveling blocks will be many times more useful and easier to use, compared to the Beech.
Amazon.com: Tri-Lynx 00015 Lynx Levelers - 10 Pack , Orange : Automotive

+1

We used Lynx Levelers for several years with our LD before we put on a Quadra Bigfoot system.

Art
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #14
 Called the Mothership and was referred to Arrow Trailers in Montclair about 65 miles from my home. Spoke to Gary the owner very knowledgeable and he said most if not all motor home manufacturers are installing hydraulic not electric levelers. He recommended HWH for the heavy duty build of same and came in at $7,651.33 labor and materials.  I am going for it tired of fighting the blocks, level gauges and refrigerator. He said they have flip down front levelers that help in increasing lift and greater ground clearance.  Will update once all is set.  Still working so willing to spend the money.

Reply #15
Wow that's a costly investment!  But when I bought my LD MB it already had HWH levelers and they are wonderful.  One spring was broken on a front jack, and last fall I finally had both springs replaced (they come as a set).  No problems even when the spring was broken, since flip down levelers can be pushed up by hand, plus you can drive off them if necessary, which is not the case with other styles.  They are especially great since the joystick type controller by the driver's seat make it easy.  Love 'em! 
Kristin
1997 MB

Reply #16
Well things change fast. I found an Airstream 30’ with leveling jacks.  Now I need to sell my rig.

Reply #19
We bought Big Foot Levelers in the fall of 2020.  We purchased the manual leveling system that was less expensive than the automatic levelers.  It takes us less than 2 minutes to level with them.  The levelers cost $2,077 and the installation was $2,279.
Ross Taylor
2017 MB