Skip to main content
Topic: Cleaning the interior. (Read 218 times) previous topic - next topic
Cleaning the interior.
I have never RV's before and we are soon to embark on our first trip.  Of course, we will be boon docking.  Why do things the easy way? 

Anyway, I would like some guidance on cleaning and the products to use.   I know the shower is fiberglass and I need to watch for products marked safe for fiberglass, and the toilet is porcelain like all other toilets I have ever used, so I would think standard toilet bowl cleaner is okay.   I am concerned about what happens once these cleaning products hit the waste tanks.  

Could I please get some suggestions regarding which products you seasoned travelers have used and which products to avoid at all costs?   We have a 50th Anniversary Edition, 30 ft IB.   It's beautiful and I would hate to damage the finishes.  

Thank you for all your help.

2006 Anniversary Edition 30' Island Bed

Re: Cleaning the interior.
Reply #1
We use the same household cleaning products in the LD as used in our home.
Use cleaning products safe for plastic or laminated countertops.

The tanks are made of ABS plastic, it’s relatively inert material, normal cleaning agents will not have an effect on the tanks other than possibly gettting them a bit cleaner.

Your LD's Owners Manual will have information on many of your questions pertaining to maintenance, consider it your LD’s bible.
Also check the LD Companion for tips.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2

Anyway, I would like some guidance on cleaning and the products to use.   I know the shower is fiberglass and I need to watch for products marked safe for fiberglass, and the toilet is porcelain like all other toilets I have ever used, so I would think standard toilet bowl cleaner is okay.   I am concerned about what happens once these cleaning products hit the waste tanks.  

I really like Thetford Premium RV Aqua-Clean Kitchen and Bath Cleaner - UltraFoam.  You can find it at Amazon.com and/or Camping World...
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #3
We use Simple Green products at home and in the RV:

Simple Green | Household
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #4
The cleaning products that I use in the LD (and in the house) are primarily white vinegar for any surface, Bon Ami for the shower and sinks, "20 Mule Team" borax and hot water for the floor or to wipe down the surfaces of the cabinets, and sometimes, a few drops of Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds. All inexpensive, readily available, effective, and non-toxic.

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home