Skip to main content
Topic: Looking for a current clamp meter (Read 265 times) previous topic - next topic
Looking for a current clamp meter

I’ve gotten along fine with a voltmeter over the years but would like to add a current clamp to the toolbox.

Anyone have a recommendation they are happy with? I’ve been looking at this one:

BSIDE ACM91 Digital Clamp Meter 1mA AC/DC Current True RMS Auto-Ranging 6000...

Thanks,
Steve

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Steve
2003TK

Re: Looking for a current clamp meter
Reply #1
The meter looks very nice, but I have no experience with it.

Was amused watching their video, they show it coming with a cheap Phillips screwdriver, then seconds later showing a DIFFERENT Phillips screwdriver to open up the meter to insert the batteries…
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #2
With so many Chinese clamp meters on the market, none from known brands, it's tough to recommend one in particular.
Buying from Amazon does make returning one you do not care for somewhat easy. Reading the reviews can sometimes help narrow the choices but not always. Legitimate, long-term reviews rarely appear.

If you are looking for a brand recommendation, you can't go wrong with a Fluke, they are a good product for the professional that uses it every day. You probably will not like the prices.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yes, Fluke is nice, I’ve been carrying a Fluke 75 DMM for the last 25 years.

Steve
Steve
2003TK

Reply #5
I'm with the others on Fluke, you get what you pay for, I used one for many years. One bit of advice, get something that will also read DC amperage as well as AC amperage.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #6

After some research I got this on order:

UNI-T UT210E Pro Mini Digital Clamp Meter, Auto Ranging TRMS Backlit VFC NCV...

It has some good reviews. It’s also gotten good reviews on eevblog.com which is a great site for electronic design and measurement. Lots of electronic nerds hang out there and I trust their opinions.

I’ll give it a chance and will not be getting rid of my Fluke 75 anytime soon.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Steve
2003TK