Skip to main content
Topic: Verizon Privacy (Read 332 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Verizon Privacy
Reply #1
Thanks! The telcos really are scum of the worst sort.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Thanks Greg, we never got an email but we are new to Verizon.  I signed into our accounts and reset those CPNI settings.  There are also other settings which were set to share which I have changed.

Karen~LIam
           98 ~ MB
             NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #3
I believe it doesn't matter what settings you have. They will still gather and sell your info as they please.
I gave up on trying to keep my privacy, it just isn't possible anymore.
I don't need the stress of worrying what happens any longer.
Google and Apple and just about any other big company isn't going to stop because the revenue they make from such actions is worth the possible problem.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #5
I am called to mind Scott McNealy, Chairman and CEO co-founded Sun Microsystems in 1982 once said about 50,000 years ago "there is no such thing as privacy get over it."

The list of folks aka groups that collect and sell information on us is ubiquitous in the USA.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any industry that doesn't do that in one form or another.     What I'd like is at least some cut of the $$$.   If my information can be sold for oh $500 many I should get at least 10%.   After all movie stars and others like that do get some $$ for their images and endosments.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Reply #6
I have considered claiming living my life is 'original performance art' and that siphoning off parts of the performance  constitutes copyright infringement.  Maybe seek royalties from their monetization of my data could be in the cards.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #7
Thank you HiLoLA for highlighting these privacy risks Verizon sneakily imposed on use data users. I just looked into our account. We have only one device, the Mifi 8800L with Verizon but not any other cell phones or tablets. Apparently Verizon went further to hide the settings. Instead of a single page on which the customer can choose all privacy settings, in our data only account I had to go further into multiple layers of pages just to change each of the individual settings. Worse yet, Verizon slow down the page upload to test the tolerance limit of patience. But finally I completed all settings to "not use". It took a long time.

I also looked into our ATT CarConnect Mobley device account. I could not find any similar privacy settings. Did anyone else find something. Many of us RVers have both ATT and Verizon devices to make sure we are covered as much as possible while traveling in the US.
2004 Mid Bath,
2007 Jeep Liberty Towed

Reply #8
After a more extensive online search, I found the ATT privacy settings are hiding in a completely different place than the user account. It is the ATT Consent Portal user must sign in separately:

https://cmp.att.com/cmpportal/

Once you log in, you can change your setting accordingly.
2004 Mid Bath,
2007 Jeep Liberty Towed

Reply #9
Yes, we had to do it separately for each individual phone number/device.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264