Skip to main content
Topic: level best (Read 195 times) previous topic - next topic
level best
Anyone know where i could find the fluid reservoir for the levelers on a 1997 26.5 rear bath...
1997 Rear Bath

Re: level best
Reply #1
GWAR44, I like your headdress- sure to keep out any unwanted radiation!  :D

Your levelers are not a factory install so doubt anyone here will be much help.  What brand are they?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
level best
1997 Rear Bath

Reply #3
They don't come with levelers, so it depends. Mine are HWH and it is near the pump, driver's side, a third from front, underneath.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #4
Is the fill tank cap visible ?
1997 Rear Bath

Reply #6
Hi Gwar; The Kwikee levelers are now 'orphaned'. US gear took over the remains, but are only interested in selling their own system. My pump is underneath on the drivers side.  The cap isn't visible, but you can still reach over and it just unscrews from the top of the tank.  A bit messy to work with, but straight forward.  If it is working, great!  On mine the controller got water into it, and corroded the PC board. Parts are generally un-available.  I hope to remake a relay switch logic controller. The pump, valves, rams and hoses are still ok.     RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #7
I have never seen two LDs with the same brand levelers with the pump assembly mounted the same way, every installation seems to be different.
To find the pump, where the reservoir resides, follow the hydraulic hoses from the cylinders back to their origin.

In past years, owners of nonoperational Kwikee levelers have removed and sold their systems to other owners looking for parts.
Kwikee used nonstandard electro-hydraulic valves for which there isn’t an off-the-shelf replacement. There still may be a few dealers who specialize in new and recycled Kwikee leveler parts.

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
Thanks folks...i will trace the lines and see if I can locate it...
1997 Rear Bath