Skip to main content
Topic: Fix or replace Sealand vacuum breaker (Read 144 times) previous topic - next topic
Fix or replace Sealand vacuum breaker
My vacuum breaker is leaking out of its top vent. The body of the breaker is not cracked. I’ll most likely replace the vacuum breaker but I’m curious if anyone has brought one back to life by soaking it in vinegar  or some other solution.

Has anyone had any success bringing the vacuum breaker back to life. Or am I just being silly and should just buy a replacement.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve
2003TK

Re: Fix or replace Sealand vacuum breaker
Reply #2
I hear ya Rich. I have a lot of time on my hands so I pursue projects like this😁

My vacuum breaker was easy to pull away from the bowel. It’s also clear so I can see the valve. Looks relatively clean inside so it’s not apparent what is keeping the valve from sealing. I haven’t bothered disconnecting the hoses so I can more easily check it out. Thought I would check in before doing that.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve
2003TK

Re: Fix or replace Sealand vacuum breaker
Reply #3
Well turns out there was a crack in the breaker housing after all. I suspect this is the the typical failure as opposed the the valve not making a good seal.

Steve
Steve
2003TK