Skip to main content
Topic: Repairing drawer track hardware  (Read 177 times) previous topic - next topic
Repairing drawer track hardware
Can anyone tell me how to take apart the drawer track to be able to to re-screw it to the wood track foundation?  The drawer under the closet came off its track screws. The screw heads are under the sliding plate. I can’t figure out how to get the inner slider out from the stationary plate. Has anyone done this repair?  Any guidance much appreciated.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: Repairing drawer track hardware
Reply #1
You don't want to separate them - keeping track of the balls and getting them back in the races in their keepers is a major hassle. you should be able to get the pieces in position to access all the screws, though it may involve yanking the halves bit-by-bit in opposite directions to get there...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Repairing drawer track hardware
Reply #2
Maybe I'm missing something, but my tracks stay attached to the bottom of the drawers, and pull all the way out of the track that remains attached to the frame casing.  It takes some force to accomplish a total removal, but the balls stay in a thin carrier, and that carrier slides back and forth in the bottom track. . I clean and regrease these sliders every ten-twenty years or so.  In my TK the drawer under the refrigerator has several breakers concealed on the left side near the battery box, so it gets removed more often.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB