Skip to main content
Topic: Need a LP gasket to fill my propane tank (Read 215 times) previous topic - next topic
Need a LP gasket to fill my propane tank
The new RV is missing the gasket. Some fill stations have spares but most don’t.  The last place we filled at had only the one spare so he could not part with it.  Does any one here have a line on where to buy one?

note to mods, I’m currently in a Tiffin and have posted a similar question on their forum, but I’m actually more comfortable here.  Delete the question if not appropriate. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: Need a LP gasket to fill my propane tank
Reply #1
What gasket? The propane fill port is sealed with its own o-rings.

I thought Tiffins came with everything.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Like this one in the Video.  I’m told by the factory 1.25in OD.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdhnPddvzM

And the Tiffin parts store doesn’t have them.

Reply #3
Hi John.  Happened to me once. The gasket freezes to the fill nozzle, and when the attendant pulls the filler port out, he takes your gasket with him.  I had a U-haul person filling my tank, and he gave me one of their 'accumulated' extras.  A good plan after a fill up; make sure your gasket is still there. (I check now)
A YouTube:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGdhnPddvzM       RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4
"I’m currently in a Tiffin... but I’m actually more comfortable here. "

And I'm currently in an  Airstream, but I'm actually more comfortable here. :-) The fact that John and I both stay around is testimony to the high quality and friendly atmosphere of this group. Nothing against Airstream owners, but this is my RVing family. :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Update:
I ordered a set of three from Propane Gear.  Larry on the Tiffin RV Network provided a link.   Notice the guys that know all the good info and all the parts are always named Larry?
I was concerned because of the name of the product, the gasket needed is 1 1/4 inches not 1 3/4 inches.  In the comments I found the name comes from the fitting.  I was not going to order the product but in an act of desperation I read the reviews trying to get a lead on what I thought was a similar gasket.

1 3/4" Propane Filler Valve Gasket 3-PACK - propanegear

Reply #6
I ordered a set of these too.  I've had mine disappear twice and they are almost impossible to find or beg off a propane pumper when you are on the road.  I keep checking every time I get the tank filled to be sure it's still there. 
Kristin
1997 MB