Skip to main content
Topic: Hanging up the R V keys. (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic
Hanging up the R V keys.
A few years ago I thought that the time had arrived for me to hang up my keys. I wrote about this subject on this forum and included  my struggles to accept these facts. As many of you may still remember I survived my illness and retained my driving license. Although Mary and I did not make any long-distance trips since, we still had some good times hanging around enjoyable West Coast areas.

Approaching the big 90 now, with some age-related difficulties, the time has arrived to say to our 2001 Lazy Daze: "You have given us great pleasures but the time has come to serve other family members".
It is surprising how much easier this decision was made, compared to a little over two years ago, when I was afraid that my health was forcing me to hang up my keys. We both are completely in peace with it now and enjoy the many memories.

Since there undoubtedly are future Lazy Daze owners that sooner or later will be confronted with this decision I can only say: "Keep living  in a positive mind and enjoy a new kind of life".

Aad Rommelse

2001 MB

Re: Hanging up the R V keys.
Reply #1
A decision we all have to face eventually, no matter how much we’d all like to put it off, time catches up with all of us.

My dad turned in his keys at 80 and sold his Chinook later that year.  His limited time on the road spurred me to retire as soon as possible, to have more time out there.

Sounds like you’ve had a great time!
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #2
Ditto!

We are in the same boat (RV). Wasn't it Clint Eastwood who said; "A man's got to know his limitations."

I'm happy to know that LazyBones2 will enjoy a continuing relationship with her new hotel on wheels.  :D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Aad and Mary,

I was a pleasure to meet you and enjoy your company at the Balloon Fiesta in 2014.

All the best,
Dan and Lynn
2007 IB-30

Reply #4
Thanks.  I can only hope to enjoy traveling as long as you have. More importantly I hope I have the wisdom when it is time that you have shown.  Thanks for the good example. And I don’t think I’m all that far behind you even though I am much younger. 
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
You are amazing and sensible.... thank you for your words of wisdom.
 "Keep living  in a positive mind and enjoy a new kind of life"
mar 🌴❤️🌺
Current 1 and only: 2003 LD Mid Bath 26.5
2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie TT
2011 Dutchman Colorado 32' TT
2011 iCamp 14' TT
1985 Coachman Catalina 32' RV