Skip to main content
Topic: Swivel chair pedestal base... (Read 185 times) previous topic - next topic
Swivel chair pedestal base...

One of the swivel chairs in our 2004 FL developed a broken weld between the tension adjustment base and the steel post that fits into the pivoting leg/pedestal unit. The result  was a very wobbly chair - not in danger of separating from the base, but annoyingly unsteady. I had tried various kludges to steady the post attachment, but all failed in short order. Luckily, I found an exact replacement base unit on Amazon, and it is a perfect fit:

Amazon.com: Replacement Swivel & Tilt for Caster Chairs : Home & Kitchen

Steve

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Swivel chair pedestal base...
Reply #1
Steve, is that the driver's chair?

Karen~Liam
          98 ~ MB
             NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #3
We want a adaptable swivel that will also raise for our driver seat in our 98~MB.  Our itaska had two for both driver and passenger chairs.  I should have pulled one of them for our LD, thought I might find them out there but I have not found one that swivels and will raise a few inches.

Karen~Liam
        98 ~ MB
           NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #4
Wow, this is good timing.  I just sat in one of my barrel chairs and noticed that the chair was wobbling all over the place.  Flipped upside down and noted that the base appeared to be broken.  Was going to take apart and see if I could weld it or otherwise replace it.  Nope, just ordered the new base.