Skip to main content
Topic: Window glazing/gasket replacement (Read 108 times) previous topic - next topic
Window glazing/gasket replacement
I replaced the rubber window glazing/gasket on my top bunk cab window. It was not easy. I used the Steelerubber.com product. This glazing is thicker than the original and would not press in under the areas where there is a type of metal clip that extends out to hold the window glass. I found I had to cut out a channel in the rubber to get the rubber under the clip. Since the rubber is not the exact same design as the original and no one seems to make the original design anymore, I muddled through with my best effort. Others have said they were able to strong-arm it in …I envy those.  I used a little black 3M 5200 at the ends to secure it. This took me a long time and this is one of the smallest windows.  It’s rather daunting knowing all the rest are going to have to be done as well.
There is a place that will custom make the original design rubber glazing that fits these old Hehr windows, but it requires a minimum order of 1000 feet.
If anyone else with the older LDs needs the rubber glazing and is interested, it would take about 10 people to commit to a collective order to have this made.  If you are interested, you can message me and I can start a list.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo