Skip to main content
Topic: No propane to stovetop (Read 165 times) previous topic - next topic
No propane to stovetop
We’re out camping right now.  Propane level is fine and has been used non-stop with the refrigerator since last Friday (we’re boondocking).  We last used the stovetop in late June with no issues.  We usually cook outdoors but went to fire up the stovetop this evening and no propane coming to any of the burners.  Have tried leaving them open thinking maybe air in the system but nothing.  The rig is stored inside when not in use.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Re: No propane to stovetop
Reply #1
Does the propane furnace work? Propane water heater?
Harry 2006RB

Reply #3
Well Bill; the first thing that comes to mind is did you check the shutoff valve under the cooktop?  Did anybody else work on the propane lines?  Can you light the pilot for the oven? Look underneath for any place propane lines may run, and be exposed to damage underneath the motorhome.  The refrigerator can run on very little propane pressure. When the water heater is burning, does the flame look and sound normal?  I trust your LPG monitor works and isn't alarming.  Do you have a quick connect and shutoff valve installed inside for a 'cat' heater?
   Actually not too much to work with here.     RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4
Gotta pull the stove top off and figure it out!
Harry 2006RB

Reply #6
Thanks Ed;  I didn't know that the cooktop had its own propane pressure regulator.  Google provided a site with a diagram and parts list.  I got part # 51062.  That yielded this:  Atwood Wedgewood 51062 RV Range Stove Regulator   So that sounds like the likely culprit.   So that company said the part was no longer available, replaced with part # 54130.       RonB
  edit:  So that part  here:  Atwood Gas Assembly 54130 - RV Parts Express - Specialty RV Parts Retailer   seems to be the entire manifold assembly with the much less expensive (previous part number) in it.  Still looking for that first part solo.
  edited again:  Try this source for a marine parts co.  Atwood (51062) Pressure Regulator.  RonB

Reply #7
Update…

We’re at about 6,300 ft elevation….last night when I tried the stove it was 40 degrees and dropping.

About 15 minutes ago I thought I’d try it again.  I have the generator on with the heat pump running (not that this means anything but just describing the environment)……and now it worked perfectly
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #8
Hi Bill. Good! I'm glad it is working for now at least.  I would guess that the regulator stuck in the off position. When it happens next time, give that regulator a little 'whack' with a metal utensil and see if it pops open.  I guess that regulator is a redundant one, in case the main tank regulator was set too high, or went too high while a flame was on. The oven is probably regulated also. The refrigerator and water heater have orifices to keep flow from increasing too much, and I believe the space heater also has a secondary pressure regulator.  RonB