Skip to main content
Topic: Gen-turi Generator Exhaust venting system (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic
Gen-turi Generator Exhaust venting system
I am considering purchasing  one of these generator exhaust venting systems due to several upcoming dry camping trips with rally style parking.  Has anyone mounted one or had one mounted someplace like camping world? Any recommendations or advice are appreciated!
Mari Casanova
2004 Rear Bath "Koko"
1996 Rear Bath  "Cool Runnings"

Re: Gen-turi Generator Exhaust venting system
Reply #1
I considered the Genturi; the concept is certainly workable and the product seems to be well made, but I decided against getting it because I could not think of any space to stow the pipes when the system was not in use. It breaks down and stores in a bag, but it's a large, bulky bag. (Bungeeing the bag to the ladder guarantees that the system will find a new home in short order.)

The system is sold from several sources, and installation is pretty simple; there are several videos available. And, YMMV, but I wouldn't let Camping World anywhere near my rig for any reason.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
i have the genturi system and have used it several times. only take it with me when i know i will need to use it-then it is stored on the upperbunk until needed. easy to set up- the directions worked well for me.
marta 2011rb
2000 RB

Reply #3
I use it and recommend it. Works very well. Install it yourself. I have the support brackets mounted with VHB tape on the side of the coach.

It stores beside the commode in an RB or on the overhead bunk.
Harry 2006RB

Reply #4
Pretty clever device. We sure could have used it in Yosemite several years ago when our AGM batteries started to fail and the generator and engine were our only means of charging them.

Yosemite sites are very close to one another. The  Gen-turi seems like a good thing to have in a pinch when circumstances arise. It would pack well in the overhead with my suitcase solar panels. 😎

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
Several NASCAR sites require a gen-turi if you are going to run your generator at the event.

Reply #6
A Gen-turi came with my 2005 RB.  I use it whenever we are in "close quarters" with other rigs, ie, the Balloon Fiesta.  I keep mine in it's storage bag and it lives in the right hand side outside storage (under the sofa).  Mine is NOT permanently mounted, I was a couple of bungie cords that lash it in place.  The exhaust connection is permanently mounted to the generator exhaust.
2005 RB

Reply #7
It sounds like an interesting item, but living in the Desert Southwest with solar panels I "rarely" use my generator.  I think I've only used my generator while dry camping to microwave food and/or use the air conditioner to cool off the inside after an extremely hot day.   I have a friend with a Class A that LOVES to run his generator (he claims to top off his solar batteries).  Sadly, he's usually the once with a "knock on his door" to turn off his generator by officials after hours.  I'll be on the look-out for RV's with this item at the Balloon Fiesta...
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #8
I made my own by buying a 10 foot length of 3 inch thin wall pvc sewer pipe at a hardware store, (the all white), it had a flared joint one end, I cut it in half for ease of storing so it fits together when using, I painted it black with plastic patio chair paint. I bought a small 90 degree steel exhaust elbow at the auto store & made 3 offset straps out of steel flat bar to join the elbow to the bottom pipe section. It fits the gen exhaust snug and I either shock cord the middle to an awning arm or use a sheet glass carrier on the side of the rig.(suction cup type). This was for my class A, but I kept it & have not needed it for the LD yet. Total cost about$35=.
Lazymike
2000 Rear Bath