Skip to main content
Topic: 99' e450 convex side mirror replacement (Read 90 times) previous topic - next topic
99' e450 convex side mirror replacement
Hi All,
I've been searching around the net for a convex mirror segment replacement for the passenger side mirror, ours popped off and shattered. I'm assumed I could just get this part but maybe I can't and have to replace the whole mirror unit?. Seems like there is some kind of sticky element on the larger mirror that holds it on. Have any of you had to replace this element? Or maybe you just went ahead and upgraded one or both mirrors?
Thanks!
1999 26.5 Rear Bath

Re: 99' e450 convex side mirror replacement
Reply #1
About a month ago I needed to replace the drivers side mirror. Complete mirror not just the convex little one.
When I received the replacement mirror, it came with a new convex that had a stick on backing.
Once the new mirror was on, I put the convex one on as well.
I would think a decent auto parts store, like NAPA would have just the convex mirrors available.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #2
Thanks JOTA
I'm gonna keep looking and see if I can find a good one that just sells the small mirror. I'll try NAPA.
1999 26.5 Rear Bath

Reply #3
I replaced the OEM mirrors with the tiny convex doot in the corner of the mirror with Velvac 2020 mirrors at least 15 years ago; far superior to the "see nothing" OEM product. One can plug in the pertinent information for one's rig on the Velvac site at this link:

Shop RV Mirrors | Velvac
2003 TK has a new home