Skip to main content
Topic: Turn light brake light problem (Read 100 times) previous topic - next topic
Turn light brake light problem
Hi, I have a 2002 lazy days Ford E350 and I'm having blinker problems. The left side works.  The right side blinker flashes quickly and works in the front but nothing in the back right. (With or without trailer connected) Both RV sides work in the back for running lights. Both bulbs in the back right side tested good, but I switched to new ones and it made no difference. Trailer is the same as RV.  Brake lights don't work on right either of course.

We were pulling out to go on a trip with a boat trailer. I am wondering if it might be something with the brake controller, or a short in the plug for the boat trailer as that is very tight and has to be wiggled to get in and out. It worked fine last week. Had to come back home but want to leave ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am told a new brake controller will take a week to come in so hopefully it's not that. I don't know how to test a brake controller and I don't find it in the back panel by the toilet inside.

Re: Blinker problem
Reply #1
the blinker will be fast when a light is out. i have a similar issue, but haven't tested the bulbs to see if that's the case on mine.

Interesting that the trailer out port is also not working on the blinker. This smells like an issue with the wiring to me. Have you checked if there is any wiring issues with the ones exposed under the RV in the back?
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #2
Thanks.  I do not see any visible problem in wiring underneath or in spare tire enclosed area.
I should also note that problem on right side is same without trailer connected.

Reply #3
Hi Diane; The brake controller doesn't run the brake lights on the LD or the trailer. It uses those signals to provide power to the electric axle brakes on the trailer.  The problem as Tom said is in the wiring. The running lights are a different circuit that the brake/turn signals. The fact that the left works, and the right front turn signal works, means that the brake/turn signal isn't getting to the back brake/turn signal circuit.  The trailer brake/turn signal is attached to that same place. I'd look for a fuse blown under the hood in the fuse box (driver side near the front) or in the fuses under the dash by the driver left foot.  Your Ford manual will have that information.
    So a 2002 E350 can be one of two floor plans, TK or Front Lounge.       RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Re: Turn light brake light problem
Reply #4
FIXED THANK YOU.
consulted manual for under dash fuses and replaced #5 for "right trailer turn light."
Evidently that runs RV chase too!