Skip to main content
Topic: New Tires Next Week  (Read 223 times) previous topic - next topic
New Tires Next Week
Today I was scheduled for new tires at Discount Tire and because the shop sold my tires, I’m now scheduled for next week.  And learned of their mistake only after I was at the shop. (Makes my head hurt).

I’ve always been ambivalent about buying tire insurance for six tires which is the cost of a single new tire.  I’m curious what others think about buying tire insurance.  Any opinions?

Re: New Tires Next Week
Reply #1
I personally have had good luck with the Discount Tire road hazard insurance (on my non-RV vehicles). Some stores are better than others, but Discount Tire usually takes care of customers.
Sam

Reply #2
Coach Net offers tire and wheel coverage (adjunct to its emergency road service) called "Hazard Protect". (I have Coach Net for road service, but have not looked at Hazard Protect; just an FYI.)

Hazard Protect_new – Coach-Net
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
I called Coach Net and Hazard Protection is an add-on to the Premier Package and will cost an additional $275 per year.   The Hazard Protection is not available with the Basic Package.   This addition service covers much more than tires and seems to be a type of limited RV insurance.  I didn’t study it any further.

Reply #4
Good to know, Ed; thanks. As I said, I didn’t look into the details or costs of Hazard Protect on the Coach Net site. I don’t know the coverages and/or costs of other “tire and wheel” coverages from tire manufacturers or tire companies.

JMO, but those interested in extended warranties of any type might want to look carefully at the coverage for exclusions, qualifiers, and/or “weasel wording”. 😉

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home