Skip to main content
Topic: Valve Extensions Assistance (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic
Valve Extensions Assistance
We're buying new tires for our LD which have The Tire Man valve stems on the rear tires.  The rubber grommets are at least 8 years old and should be replaced.  I've not been successful finding these on the Borg website or on several other tire websites.  Does anyone have a source for grommets? 

If I'm not able to replace just the grommets, then I'll need to buy a set of extensions for the rear tires.  These seem to be the extensions I'll need ...  DL1FC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

Are the front tire valves valve like the following?  TV-416LF Ford Cut-Away Series Valve - Nickel Finish

Thank you LDOF for any guidance.

Edit:  This following kit has both front and back.  DL1FCFR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit w/ Front Stems 

Re: Valve Extensions Assistance
Reply #1
This is the kit Borg Tire sells, the rubber grommet is called a stabilizer.
Duallyvalve Information

I would give Borg a call and see if they sell the stabilizers separately.
See if they can supply new rubber washers for the stems. If the grommets are rotted, the stem's washers may be rotted too.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
This is the kit Borg Tire sells, the rubber grommet is called a stabilizer.
Duallyvalve Information

I would give Borg a call and see if they sell the stabilizers separately.  See if they can supply new rubber washers for the stems. If the grommets are rotted, the stem's washers may be rotted too.
I called Borg and someone said they'd call me back since they were short on CS.   I'm beginning to think the solution is all new hardware just to be overly cautious.  I don't know ... maybe?  I need to sleep on it.

Reply #4
I called Borg and someone said they'd call me back since they were short on CS.   I'm beginning to think the solution is all new hardware just to be overly cautious.  I don't know ... maybe?  I need to sleep on it.

That's exactly what I would do....I'd sleep better knowing I had all new installed
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #5
I bought new rubber washers and stabilizers from Borg, I don’t have the specifics but they are available. Keep looking on their website.
Harry 2006RB

Reply #6
Just as a follow-up, Borg CS called me back this morning and helped me to order grommets, stabilizers, and Loctite for six (6) tires.  Total cost to include FedEx shipping was $39.   The online sales person (Kelly) was especially kind and immensely helpful.   I’m a happy LD Camper. 😍