Skip to main content
Topic: Mid-bath Rear Compartment Opening (Read 243 times) previous topic - next topic
Mid-bath Rear Compartment Opening
My unit is currently in storage.  Does someone happen to know the height of the rear exterior compartment opening on a mid-bath? I am looking to buy a portable gas grill that will slide through the opening without having to remove the cover of the barbecue, which is what I have to do with my Weber. Recommendations for a small grill are appreciated!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Mid-bath Rear Compartment Opening
Reply #1
These are the measurements of my 2003 LD for the passenger side rear compartment.
My wheels:
2003 MB
2012 Jeep Liberty

Reply #2
Hi Greg; Most people use the large opening under the forward dinette seat. But I think you have a cat box in there, and the cat may object. I have a small Coleman, combo. Burner on the left for a pot, grill on the right.  It works ok for me. I don't barbeque often. The cook surface is a bit small, good for two, but you won't be cooking for a lot of food. I don't have an electric igniter, I use a gas match. (in the RV anyway).  The knobs are touchy, too high, or goes off easily, needing a relight.   Reviewers have had an issue with melting the grill. Aluminum foil or a pan shouldn't be used with the grill.  It's best feature is compactness.  Mine came with a separate griddle, to replace the grill portion, but I've only used it once,  RonB   Coleman® Tabletop Propane Gas Camping 2-in-1 Grill/Stove 2-Burner, Gray -...
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #3
Our Mid bath is older and the opening may be different size, but I have a small Charbroil gas grill which will just slip through the opening with the legs off. Once it's in, there is plenty of room for the legs to set under it.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #4
Deb, thanks for the measurements!  If I can find something under 9.5” tall, I’ll purchase it and give the Weber to our son.

Ron, the litter box is under the rear dinette seat.  More difficult to access for cleaning but didn’t want to lose the huge area under the front seat which is already full of misc. stuff. Originally, I did have the Weber there but there were too many other items I wanted to have access to from inside. It’s a work in progress finding correct storage solutions. As y’all know, the Lazy Dazes are somewhat limited in exterior storage.  Not as bad as my old TK, though! 😉 What’s the height of your Coleman- didn’t see it in the specs?
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
Hi Greg; Folded it is about 4" thick.  It fits in sideways, (flat) so the end is showing with the compartment door open. The griddle is in a separate box (maybe that was added as a sales incentive) that fits under the barbeque. I store the propane connection in a sock near the 'Q'.     My TK doesn't have the big storage compartment that you have under the front dinette seat.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #6
Hi Greg; Folded it is about 4" thick.  It fits in sideways, (flat) so the end is showing with the compartment door open. The griddle is in a separate box (maybe that was added as a sales incentive) that fits under the barbeque. I store the propane connection in a sock near the 'Q'.     My TK doesn't have the big storage compartment that you have under the front dinette seat.   RonB

Thanks, Ron.  4" sounds good, similar to my old Coleman camp stove.  The grill I have now is this one and is a couple inches too tall (even with the legs folded up) to fit that space without removing the lid first, then reinstalling inside the compartment.

Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill | Portable Charcoal Grill | Weber Grills
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
I really like my Coleman “Fold & Go” charcoal grill. They make a propane canister one as well.

About 5x10” and can grill up a storm. Very storable.

Here it is in action.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #8

We also carry a “pyromide” (folds flat 2.5x15” in its carrier bag) and a Campchief Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove Amazon.com: Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Stove: Sports & Outdoors Ours came with a griddle accessory to do breakfast/burgers.

https://youtu.be/Ee_zXiwYG0M

Options abound. Right?

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #9
We carry the Weber Portable Gas Grill in the right rear compartment of our 2000MB. Works well and takes up little room. We shortened the lid handle  to fit and it easily slides in without removing the lid. We previously carried the Char-Broil Portable Gas Grill. It was a higher BTU BBQ but wouldn't stay lit and was of poor quality compared to the Weber.  
2000 MB