Skip to main content
Topic: Yippee! Back in the Saddle (Driver's Seat)... (Read 159 times) previous topic - next topic
Yippee! Back in the Saddle (Driver's Seat)...
I just returned home (and am enjoying an "adult beverage") after driving 850 mile round trip from Las Cruces to Navajo Lake State Park (near Farmington).  I met one of my brothers who had driven from Tennessee to drop off his wife (and her girlfriend hikers) in Colorado.  They backpacked for a few days and then he "picked them up and dropped them off on another part of the trail."

He then picked up his grandson (and his friend) from the airport in Colorado Springs and drove to meet me for camping for five nights.  (The boys (20 year old college students) were a little "prissy" about camping as they slept in a tent, but it all worked out well.)  As for me, I haven't been out in almost two years due to two total hip replacements near the end of 2019, and then came Covid-19.  My rig "ran like a champ" and while it was somewhat stressful feeding three guys, it was totally fun.  (Strangely, their favorite meal was Frito Pie which used to be served in individual packs of Frito corn chips on the plaza at Woolworth's in Santa Fe.) 

If you're ever in Bernalillo, NM,  Coronado National Monument has a nice campground at the intersection of Hwy. 550 and I-25.  It's only $25.00/night and on the river...  OK, an added bonus is Bosque Brewing is withing walking distance with great food (I recommend the Amber ale and fish and chips). 
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Yippee! Back in the Saddle (Driver's Seat)...
Reply #1
We've stayed at the Coronado Campground before when we've wanted to "get away" but couldn't go far.   It is nice. The view from the second story of Bosque Brewery is fabulous. Glad to hear you are back on the road.
2018 24' Twin King (replacing 1987 22' TK)