Skip to main content
Topic: Grey tank plastic valve handle starting to break off (Read 137 times) previous topic - next topic
Grey tank plastic valve handle starting to break off
We have a 2019 31' IB. It is currently parked with family out of state so I can't go look. Can anyone tell me what is the brand of the grey tank pull handle so I can order the correct replacement online and have it when we go to our LD next month.Thanks for any and all assistance!
Connie Goochee
Kevin Dolan
2019  31 IB

Re: Grey tank plastic valve handle starting to break off
Reply #1
Amazon or any RV supply place carries replacement holding  tank rod handles; common brands are Valterra , Camco, Rec-Pro. The threads should be standard. If the plastic handles on a 2019 is already  breaking down, you might want to consider an aluminum replacement instead of plastic.

2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2

I purchased two metal handles. Valterra - 1215.1124 T1003-6MN Bladex Valve Handle - Metal Amazon.com: Valterra - 1215.1124 T1003-6MN Bladex Valve Handle - Metal:...

Just screw them on. If you are currently using to much sideward force on the plastic valve handle, you run the risk of breaking the OEM plastic handle. It helps to use a lubricant on the valve slide to fee up the movement of the valve. This can be accomplished after dump cycles when tanks are empty.

Over time it can get dry and gritty making it hard to slide and seal the valve. Check out YouTube if you can.

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #3
Thanks for the information Joan and Kent. I'm ordering the replacements now.
2019  31 IB

Reply #4
Hard to open and close dump valves can lead to broken handles. A recent thread shows how to lube the valve stems with spray grease.
Black Tank Valve Lubrication

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze