Skip to main content
Topic: Happy Camper tank additive  (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic
Happy Camper tank additive
I've been using 'Happy Camper' in Khaleesi since we bought her this spring. 
It is a powder with a scoop and I found I need to use caution when handling.  Breathing just a little dust causes irritation and skin contact also induces irritation. YMMV

So far we haven't camped in warm to hot weather.  That's when it will really be tested I think. So far I like it. I put it in the grey tank occasionally also.

Between this and the Camco Quickie Flush units I installed, my tanks seem very clean.

Curious if anyone else uses this and your experience.
Thanks.

HAPPY CAMPER

2021 Mid Bath

Re: Happy Camper tank additive
Reply #1
In all the years I've owned my Lazy Daze, I have never felt the need to put additives into my tanks.
IMHO, it's just a waste of money and potentially hazardous to your and the environments health.
Regular use will keep your tanks clean just fine.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #2
When I purchased the class A we are full timing in now it came with “Happy Camper” and scoop. My Lazy Daze came with the things in cellulite pods.  I prefer the pod.  Towards the bottom of the bucket the last few were broken and it was the guess measuring. But overall I didn’t breath as much and overall it was cleaner.  When I treat the grey tank with Happy Camper there are always a few chunks that I toss in the toilet. Then I have to use more water cleaning my hands again to get the chemical off. 
As far as effectiveness goes I have seen no difference. Both work well to stop smells and keep the tanks clean.  My daughter is in our LD MB now. I made a point of suggesting she get the pods. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #3
In all the years I've owned my Lazy Daze, I have never felt the need to put additives into my tanks.
IMHO, it's just a waste of money and potentially hazardous to your and the environments health.
Regular use will keep your tanks clean just fine.

Without getting too graphic I do notice solids are better liquefied using this compared to others or nothing at all.
2021 Mid Bath

Reply #4

I use EcoSafe after every dump. It's a bio additive used to consume the little critters who accumulate in your tank. 

I have also used Happy Camper as a cleansing agent, on the recommendation of the SeaLevel manufacturer when I was getting erratic readings on the level of liquid in my black tank. They recommended a flush/soak/flush regimen using Happy Camper. It did the job!   :o   ;)  
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #5
People often ask… What is Happy Campers?
There are nine trace elements and two heavy elements that make up a highly concentrated blend of minerals and micronutrients. In layman terms, it is the good bacteria doing away with bad bacteria to eliminate odor and accelerate the natural decomposition of the waste. It has the ability to work longer and stay odor free in over 100° temperatures. All of this and it is still friendly to all holding tank systems and the environment!
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #6
Some time ago I learned from others on this group site to add a packet of Cascade 'Complete' dishwasher soap with spot remover  with some water to the black tank after dumping is complete. I have been doing this for some years now and since I can look straight down through the toilet to the tank bottom it has always appeared clean. The standard LD installed sensors also work for the most part. It also helps to be able to spray rinse the tank when dumping with the Camco 'Quicky' flush system I had installed at the opposite end of the tank's drain.  
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'