Skip to main content
Topic: Pumping Gas in Oregon (Read 207 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon
Reply #1
lol, I don't know anyone that holds the trigger on the pump for the whole fill-up like they showed in that video.

Also I'm glad we can fill up the pump ourselves, I had the attendant spill gas all over wasting 21 cents on gas all over the floor. Also they always want to top off to the nearest dollar.....
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #2
I don’t understand why a heat wave would trigger a suspension of the “no customer pumping” rule in most parts of Oregon?
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Too hot for attendants to be outside all day pumping gas?
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #4
Glad to be out of the 104 degree Vacaville, CA heat for the cooler climes of Oregon? Just pulled into Valley of the Rogue State Park.  Hmmmm . . .

Nice view of the river from my bedroom window, though!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
Glad to be out of the 104 degree Vacaville, CA heat for the cooler climes of Oregon? Just pulled into Valley of the Rogue State Park.  Hmmmm . . .

Hope you have electrical hookups!
We have relatives in Portland who never come to SoCal in the summer because of the heat.
This is the first time I can remember where Portland is 20+ degrees warmer than it is here in LA's San Fernando Valley.

We pick a good year not to head north. We were fearful of the fire and smoke issues and didn't think about it being too hot.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
Larry, we are blessed to have electrical hookups and AC. It seems most, if not all, Oregon State Parks have power available.

We wouldn’t be making this trip if it weren’t for a wedding in Vacaville yesterday and a grandson in Tacoma, WA turning 18 on Wednesday. Next Summer will be trips to the California coast!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
It's a bit warm here in Oregon so ...... we can now pump our own gas till Tuesday evening
I pulled into a Pilot station in Ontario, OR, yesterday. After a couple minutes waiting for an attendant to come pump the gas, I realized the 5th wheel on the next pump had the owner putting the gas in. What? Wow, we can do it ourselves now? I knew rural stations in eastern Oregon were allowed to have self-service, but a major truck stop? I was so happy until now at what I thought was a permanent change, but shucks, it is only a temporary situation. Sigh. Back to planning gas stops so I only need one in Oregon, unless our route goes by a station on Indian land - they set their own rules and allow self-service. There's one at a casion near Pendleton, another in Klamath Falls, probably others I don't know about.
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #9
I believe that the attendant requirement is only for pumps that can dispense gasoline.  AFAIK, pumps that only provide diesel can be self service, like the pull-through high flow diesel pumps that we prefer with our bus.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog