Skip to main content
Topic: Real life The Movie “RV” (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic
Real life The Movie “RV”
Some of you saw my “Generator” post yesterday about my campsite neighbor who was renting an RV……so he checks out and is leaving this morning….I’m sitting having my morning coffee…he drives by and I see his awning is still out 🙄……this campground is surrounded by pine trees so you have to be careful pulling in and out of the campground….I go hauling a$$ out of my rig screaming “STOP”….between my screaming and another camper seeing me in my pajamas yelling he also saw his awning was out….the dude stopped about 3 feet from the tree that was going to rip of the awning….jeez….
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Re: Real life The Movie “RV”
Reply #1
I'm quite sure that this and multiple other scenarios, some just dumb, some "3D" (dumb, dangerous, destructive), have been playing out far more over the past year and a half in campgrounds and RV parks and parking lots and on roads and anywhere and everywhere else that the vast multitudes of "inexperienced" people are shooting about in RVs of one sort or another. New RVers' mistakes are not a new phenomenon - we've all seen some pretty startling stuff, and probably have done a few of these ourselves - but because there are so MANY new RV renters and buyers, the number of screw-ups has multiplied in proportion.

Some new RVers do the research and are willing to listen and learn from more experienced people and credible sources. Some aren't. One just does what one can to try to educate the receptive ones out of total cluelessness, with the hope that one is not anywhere around when one of the "I know all this stuff already" types attempts to check for a propane leak with a match.

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Real life The Movie “RV”
Reply #2
Wow close call!  This is why I’d never loan-out our RV as it really does take some knowledge to understand all the systems.  Too many people think it’s just driving a U-Haul truck down the road. 

LarryD
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)