Skip to main content
Topic: Generator (Read 147 times) previous topic - next topic
Generator
No issue with mine but my neighbor in the campsite over looked frustrated this morning so I asked if there was anything I could help with?  “My generator won’t start!”….asked him a few questions and found out he ran it this morning for an hour with no issue.  So I’m thinking either low oil or his gas tank hit a quarter tank.  Gas not an issue….I checked the oil….level was fine but pretty much the dirtiest I’ve ever seen.  This guy’s rig is a rental 🙄……the air filter was filthy and his spark plug was horrible so feeling sorry for him I changed both out…..still wouldn’t go…..then noticed that gas was dripping from the air filter canister!!!!  Told him I wouldn’t even use it with gas present…so he’s returning the rig tomorrow…..sounds like a shot carburetor…..wondering what the group’s thoughts were ?

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Re: Generator
Reply #1
You meet the nicest people while RVing. Your efforts to assist your neighbor was commendable.

Just another preflight checklist item for RV renters. Some things are common sense. Imagine the RV rental company really cares about their return customer base. 🤥

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Re: Generator
Reply #2
You meet the nicest people while RVing. Your efforts to assist your neighbor was commendable.

Just another preflight checklist item for RV renters. Some things are common sense. Imagine the RV rental company really cares about their return customer base. 🤥

Kent

He thanked me for trying but never asked what he owed me for the filter and spark plug….taken from new packaging with him there….🤷‍♂️….oh well, pay it forward
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....