Skip to main content
Topic: Oil Change Indicator (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic
Oil Change Indicator
When I started up the LD today, the Oil Change Required warning light came on. I went to clear it but the procedure spelled out in the Ford owner’s manual didn’t work.  So a few questions for those of you more familiar with this chassis than I am:

1. Why would the warning message come on after only a little more than 1,000 miles since the last oil change (although it has been six months)?

2. What would cause the light not to clear even though I did what the manual states?

3. Will my code reader clear the light?

Thanks!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Oil Change Indicator
Reply #1
Greg,
Using the button on the gauges, push the button to scroll through the options until you come to "Settings".  Hold the button until it shows options like oil life remaining.  When you get there, hold the button down for a few seconds and it will reset the oil life to 100%.

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life

Reply #2
Thanks, Harold! Your method worked and I was able to reset it to an estimated 80% remaining.  The manual instructed me to turn the ignition to ON but not start it, then simultaneously depress the gas and brake pedals for 25 seconds.  🤔🙄
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
Yup.  I tried that first also, but no love. 

I'm glad it worked for you.

Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life