Skip to main content
Topic: Chair Rack (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic
Chair Rack
Installed the Camco Clamp-N-Carry chair rack today as my chairs were taking up a large portion of the rear passenger storage compartment. Unfortunately, the little folding table is not wide enough to hang on the rack but it’s amazing how much more room there is now!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Chair Rack
Reply #1
Greg, it appears that your taillights are blocked by the low-on-the-ladder installation of the rack? If this is so, you may want to install the rack *above* the inward curve of the ladder.

I used this rack for a long time, installed on the upper part of the ladder; it worked well overall, but the top clamps tend to be the least sturdy part.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yeah, I might need to relocate it higher. I was trying not to block the view out the rear window.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3

Greg,

Costco has comfortable folding chairs that fit into a nylon sack that nest together well in the longer storage bay. For our RB that is the passenger side lower bay.

We have two such chairs along with a steel hammock stand (a bit overkill for me but the DW uses it on occasion).

Our chairs resemble ones sold on Amazon. Amazon.com: EVER ADVANCED Oversized Padded Quad Arm Chair Collapsible Steel...

Pretty comfortable and store nicely.

Kent

P.S. here’s a pic of my chair...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4
"... the little folding table..."

Greg

I carry two of those, great next to your folding chair at pot-lucks!   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #5
Relocated, per sage forum advice!

Still working on the chair upgrade.
Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
"Relocated,..."

Looking good, Greg. Right where I have mine!   ;)

You are aware that the brackets can be swung inward and clamped in place when they are not in use, right?
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #8
wow this looks like a must specially if you have the spare in that compartment!
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #9
We have used the same rack set for 18 years, useful for carrying or hanging a variety of items.
It’s a good used for an otherwise unused spot. Nice for hanging wet clothes or towels.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #10
I saw this picture in the Amazon reviews for the Camco Clamp-N-Carry by Jeanne M.  I like the way she mounted the Clamp-N-Carry lower on the ladder and strapped everything above.  The chairs are still high enough to not block the tail lights and I would think it would be easier to pack up the chairs without having to climb the ladder.  If you look closely, Jeanne M. has a stepladder and folding chair mounted as well as a bicycle lock to keep them from walking off.  Very nicely done IMO.

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #11
Interesting. We keep our chairs in a compartment or inside. They never stay outside unless under an awning or the RV.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #13
Never knew this existed. We literally just returned from Cape Hatteras RV resort and had ratchet strapped the beach chairs to the ladder. Will be making this purchase!
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #14
The latest rendition, for now!

Greg & Victoria
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264