Skip to main content
Topic: Hanging Stuff (Read 302 times) previous topic - next topic
Hanging Stuff
We’ve only made a couple of shorter trips in the LD but it became apparent right off that we needed a place to hang stuff like keys, leashes, etc.  The next consideration was where would a hanger be handy to the coach door but unobtrusive?  After looking around in the coach, and a bit on Amazon, I found these plastic vertical hangers that would fit perfectly next to the door. I drilled two holes through the fabric covered dinette valance and screwed them in. The screws that came with it were way too long so I used some shorter screws.  The hangers come in different colors so you can customize to your taste.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Hanging Stuff
Reply #1
Very nice! I’m going to copy that idea.😁
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Reply #3
I tried a multi-hook a while back, but found that items hanging on it, e.g., visors, keys, dog leash, etc., got tangled with its "neighbors"; trying to lift one item off a hook often ended up with a few other things falling off and ending up in a heap on the floor.

YMMV, as always.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
For leashes (we have two dogs) and the awning winderupper (sorry about the use of technological terms) we hung a foot long bungee cord from the valance above the door’s window shade.  We did this on the door’s hinge side.  That allowed (on the 07Mid Bath) the items being hung to pass through the grab handle which keeps them in place while on the road.  What was nice about this is the items were high enough to reach while inside and low enough to reach when standing outside. 
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #5
I tried a multi-hook a while back, but found that items hanging on it, e.g., visors, keys, dog leash, etc., got tangled with its "neighbors"; trying to lift one item off a hook often ended up with a few other things falling off and ending up in a heap on the floor.

Good point, Joan. We’ll test it over the next couple of long trips we have planned this year.  I thinking that keeping the longer items lower and putting keys and smaller items up higher will help with that issue.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #6
Greg,
I really hate rattles and squeaks, so I don't hang things in the rig, except for my ball caps.

I put all of our key rings on the bottom of the little cabinet adjacent to the entry door.  I also keep flash lights/head lights/ black light there as well.  The dog leash, poop bags and dog brush go into the shelf above the door. It works for us and is quiet.
Harold
2014 27 MB
Towd: Either the Jeep Wrangler or trailer containing the BMW R1200GS and 2 E-bicycles
Happy wife=Happy life