Skip to main content
Topic: Tymate TPMS (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic
Tymate TPMS

Saw this article on Harvest Hosts and was wondering if anyone is using this TPMS system?  Seems to have good reviews and it’s pretty affordable compared to some of the others.  One advantage is that it’s solar powered so you don’t need to plug it in:

Purchase Guide to RV TPMS Devices | Unique RV Camping with Harvest Hosts

Amazon.com: Tymate Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer - Solar...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Tymate TPMS
Reply #1
I would prefer to buy an established brand with a good reputation, eventually, tire sensors go bad and will need replacement.
You will also need four additional sensors for your Subaru toad. I didn't see any individual sensors on the Amazon or at the Tymate store.
Solar is OK but not a huge benefit, most TPMS monitors can be hardwired in the Ford electrical system so they come alive when the ignition is turned on.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Tymate TPMS
Reply #2
I purchased and installed a blue Tymate solar-powered United a few months ago.  I never purchased a monitoring system because they were expensive and I had other priorities.  But when I saw an eBay open box price of $100 with the signal repeater I took the plunge.   It seems to work well but it will not meet everyone’s needs.  My unit is limited to six tires so there is no installing on a toad.  I’m not positive the solar power option will hold a long charge with a Class C overhang blocking the sun.  It’s basic, it seems to work so far.  The sensors must be unscrewed to add air which is a pain.     Some monitoring is better than nothing until I have an extra $400 burning a hole in my pocket which means this is probably my system until it fails.
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)