Skip to main content
Topic: “A sorrowful day" (Read 810 times) previous topic - next topic
“A sorrowful day"

Judie and I are saddened to report that Pat Horst, beloved wife of our Forum leader Chris, passed away on Tuesday, June 8th, after a long illness.

Please join us in assuring Chris that our hearts are with him and their three children at this difficult time.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: “A sorrowful day"
Reply #1
Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family at this sorrowful time.
Daughter of the first Lazy Bones
Hitting the road on my own and with a friend 🚐 while reporting back to the Lazy Bones at home 🛋

2 Lazy Bones - Home

Reply #2
Chris, I know she's been ill for a long time and I am sure she was blessed to have you there with her thru it all. I am so saddened by her passing, and send lots of hugs to you and yours as you say goodbye. Know you aren't alone...❤❤
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gini Free and Junah, canine xtrodinaire
"CHERRYOTTE" our little red home on wheels
"Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."

Reply #3
Chris - Tere and I are so sorry for your loss.  In our thoughts.

Bill
2013 31' Silver Twin Bed
Semi-retired 6/21....

Reply #4
Dear Chris,

I am saddened by the passing of your wonderful wife, Pat. I can’t imagine the sorrow you are feeling. I am praying for her and all your family.

Blessings,

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #5
Chris, condolences and prayers for you and your family at this difficult time.  Linda C
2003 RB “Lulu Boo Berry” The Blue Ghost
2008 Jeep Liberty “Mr. Toad”

Reply #6
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss to you and your family Chris. I hope family and good friends are near to help and comfort you through this difficult time!

Bill
Bill
2003 -- 23' FL

Reply #7
We’re very sorry for your loss, Chris. I’m glad that your family was able to be together and wish you all well in the coming days and weeks.

Warren
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #8
Chris … I’ve never found words that seem fitting after someone has lost their lifelong partner and best friend.  We just pray that you will find some comfort in your cherished memories.  Hugs and prayers. 

Reply #9
Chris, so sorry for your loss, know that our hearts go out to during this difficult time. I know she will be dearly missed. Hold on to those precious memories, there is light ahead.  Blessings to you and your family.
Tracy
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Reply #10
Chris, prayers for you and your family at this difficult time.
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Reply #11
Chris, so sorry to hear of Pat’s passing. I know her illness is something that you and your family have been dealing with for quite some time.  Victoria and I send our prayers as well.  God Bless,
Greg
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #12
My condolences the Chris and his family. I had the privilege of meeting Pat and Chris around this date in 2002. What a wonderful lady!

My wife and I had discovered Lazy Daze through the original "Life With a Lazy Daze" forum. Living in Ohio made actually buying a LD a challenge. We had a travel trailer at that time and decided to tow our trailer to Las Vegas and make a dash across the desert to the LD factory. We camped at an RV park in southwestern Colorado and saw a stunning red Lazy Daze camped there. Of course I had to check it out and it turned out to be Pat and Chris returning to Denver with their brand new Lazy Daze. They graciously invited us to visit that evening and we began an enduring friendship.

Years later, we were on our way to Grand Teton in our Lazy Daze and they wanted us to let them know when we were near Wyoming. We planned a stop in south eastern Wyoming and Pat and Chris and their dog Gracie piled in their van with a wonderful dinner for us and drove several hours just to visit with us in our Lazy Daze. It was one of the greatest acts of kindness I ever experienced. Such a wonderful couple that we felt privileged to know.

May Chris and his children take comfort from wonderful memories and friends.

Steve K

Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #13
Chris, I’m so very sorry to hear about the passing of your beloved Pat.  After reading Steve K’s story, I wish I could have known this wonderful and gracious lady.  You and your family have my most sincere thoughts and prayers.

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #14
I'm so sorry to hear this.  HUGS to Chris and his family
2005 RB

Reply #15
So extremely sorry for your loss. Thinking of your entire family during this extremely tough time.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #16
Chris, so sorry for your loss, know that our hearts go out to during this difficult time. I know she will be dearly missed. Hold on to those precious memories, there is light ahead.  Blessings to you and your family.
Tracy
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Reply #17
Chris,
So sorry for your loss. May you find strength in the memories of the wonderful times you had together.
David and Wendy
2002 MB

Reply #18
Oh, Chris, what heartbreakingly sad news.  There aren't adequate words to comfort or express the deep sorrow of your loss.
Kind wishes, Kristin
1997 MB

Reply #19
Chris we are so sorry for your loss, our hearts go out for you and your family in this difficult time.

Karen and Liam
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #20
Hello Chris, I’m very sorry to hear about Pat, I will say prayers for you and your family.  I remember you telling me about your first trip in your LD with Pat to the Grand Canyon, when you woke up and looked the length of it and wondered how you would do with it, it’s clear from folks’ comments that you and Pat had many wonderful experiences traveling in it and made many friends.  We will keep you in our thoughts, Nick f.

Reply #21
Dear Chris,
We don't know you well, but we send our sincere condolences on your loss. Losing one's spouse must be one of the hardest things anyone could experience.  Just know that we're thinking of you and wish you well.
Sincerely,
Mike and Elizabeth Coachman
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #22
I'm very sorry to hear about Pat's death. I know she was well cared for in her later years, but that doesn't make her loss any easier to bear for you, Chris.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #23
Oh dear, what a sad thing to happen to our wonderful moderator, Chris. Please know that we're all thinking of you.
--
Jan Forseth
2007 27' Midbath named Footloose

Reply #24
Chris,

My heart is with you and your family.  Blessings to you all,

Jules
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess