Skip to main content
Topic: Source for 1990s Hehr window glazing seal rubber (Read 368 times) previous topic - next topic
Source for 1990s Hehr window glazing seal rubber
If you have an issue with your window seals like I have pictured below, Pelland has a product that fits the 1990s Hehr windows, it’s Model Number H009-643 for the rubber window glazing seal. It comes in black or white. Pelland offers free samples (you pay shipping), but you can check the fit out for yourself.  ;D
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: Source for 1990s Hehr window glazing seal rubber
Reply #1
Yes, you can.
The assortments are enough different that  you can tell the difference.
I have performed this on two different RV with Herr windows.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Yes, you can.
The assortments are enough different that  you can tell the difference.
I have performed this on two different RV with Herr windows.

Rodney, which one did you end up using?
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB

Reply #3
I’m trying to confirm whether Model Number H009-643 will fit a 2001 Mid Bath if anyone knows.  I guessing it will up to the time they switched to the actual air gap windows a few years after 2001.  Thanks
LarryD

2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #4
LD first put double-paned windows in 2003 models.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #5
If you have an issue with your window seals like I have pictured below, Pelland has a product that fits the 1990s Hehr windows, it’s Model Number H009-643 for the rubber window glazing seal. It comes in black or white. Pelland offers free samples (you pay shipping), but you can check the fit out for yourself.  ;D
And I strongly recommend you get the samples and try them in the frames before you place an order!
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB

Reply #6
Just a note - these are technically not 'seals'. They apply compression to the outside of the glass to push it against the sealing compound, which is between the glass and the inside lip of the frame. Shrinking with age leaving gaps is not likely to result in leaks.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #7
Just a note - these are technically not 'seals'. They apply compression to the outside of the glass to push it against the sealing compound, which is between the glass and the inside lip of the frame. Shrinking with age leaving gaps is not likely to result in leaks.

Steve
This is something I didn't expect to read. So you're saying that if there are gaps or separation caused by the shrinking "seal" it won't necessarily cause leaks? If that's the case then why fix these other than for cosmetics?

Reply #8
Socal-Gal,
Sorry missed your question.  I do not remember which one I used. I also purchased the drain hole thing and tried them all.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #9
This is something I didn't expect to read. So you're saying that if there are gaps or separation caused by the shrinking "seal" it won't necessarily cause leaks? If that's the case then why fix these other than for cosmetics?

It depends on your year of LD.  For some it definetly kept water out, newer years it is cosmetic.  You can take a piece out to see if there is sealant underneath and how well it is holding up but you might have problems getting it back on.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.